• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

crossover setting SR308 with Canton CX80's

Shamitinho

Standard Member
Hi all,

I've got a question about the crossover settings on the SR308 with the Canton CX80 speakers.

The bottom frequency response of the satellite speakers is 120Hz, but the settings on the amp go 120 150 200, so nothing between 120 and 150.

What should I set them to? 120 or 150? At the moment I've set them to 150, and the crossover on the sub is cranked all the way to 150Hz, so in theory nothing is being missed.

Would it be better to go down to 120 and turn the crossover down on the sub to 120 aswell?

I'm just worried that if the crossover is set bang on the lower range of the spec then I might do some damage and/or wont have the best sound.

There are similar threads, but I'm still a little unsure.

TIA

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
then I might do some damage and/or wont have the best sound.

You aren't going to do any damage ;)

I'd go 150, but you need to go with what you think imo ;)

Shamitinho

Standard Member
You aren't going to do any damage ;)

I'd go 150, but you need to go with what you think imo ;)

:) I don't know what to think, this is the first home cinema system I've ever had, and its far from "plug and play". As long as I'm not damaging anything thats cool. I'll stick to what I have, it sounds fine to me.

Badger0-0

Distinguished Member
:) I don't know what to think, this is the first home cinema system I've ever had, and its far from "plug and play". As long as I'm not damaging anything thats cool. I'll stick to what I have, it sounds fine to me.

It's always tricky mate.
Your room will make a big difference, for a start.

That's why I said you should try both settings :)

Neither will damage anything ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom