Crossover question

chump

Hi

If my front and surround speakers are all rated down to 68Hz and the Centre speaker down to 75Hz should i set the crossover of the LFE channel to 80Hz or 60Hz?

Am i right in thinking that if set to 80Hz then i lose the range from 68Hz to 80Hz in my front speakers to the sub but if i set to 60Hz then i run the risk of sending frequencies to the speakers that potentially could damage them?

mjbtin

Hi

If my front and surround speakers are all rated down to 68Hz and the Centre speaker down to 75Hz should i set the crossover of the LFE channel to 80Hz or 60Hz?

Am i right in thinking that if set to 80Hz then i lose the range from 68Hz to 80Hz in my front speakers to the sub but if i set to 60Hz then i run the risk of sending frequencies to the speakers that potentially could damage them?

Is the crossover global or can you set them for individual speakers.If global set the crossover to 80hz or 100hz with speakers set to small.

Regards Martin

chump

i can only set a global crossover so i'll set it to 80hz seeing as all speakers fall safely within this range. thanks :)

mjbtin

chump

excellent read and helps me understand this topic a lot better! only problem i have now is that I don't know what the upper range of my Monolith is. I know it is rated down to 20Hz but can't find any info in the documentation as to what it can handle higher up? then i can maybe try setting my crossover to 100hz and see if it improves the sound a little.

mjbtin

excellent read and helps me understand this topic a lot better! only problem i have now is that I don't know what the upper range of my Monolith is. I know it is rated down to 20Hz but can't find any info in the documentation as to what it can handle higher up? then i can maybe try setting my crossover to 100hz and see if it improves the sound a little.

What is the highest setting on the crossover on the monolith knob? Set it to max and try both 80hz and 100hz with the LFE on the receiver ,and use what sounds best to your ears.

Regards Martin

chump

Hi Martin - its 120Hz. I always have it set to max as this was recommended to me when i first got it. Like i originally said i've always used 80hz so i'll give 100hz crossover a go on the amp and see how it compares to 80Hz. Thanks :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom