Crossover frequencies on Onkyo 607.

johnnyb85

Standard Member
Reaction score
I bought Pioneer SHS100 5.1 speakers. I used Audyssey setup on 607, but I am not sure if crossover frequencies are right or not.

The numbers are:

Front = 150hz
Centre = 150hz
Surround = 100hz
LPF of LPE = 80hz

The numbers given by Pioneer are:

Front/Surround = 100-20,000hz
Centre = 90-20,000hz
Subwoofer = 33-700hz

I don't know what to change the crossover frequencies to, or if I don't need to change anything?:confused:

I'd guess the Pio figures are basically a load of rubbish, given the 3" drivers and the Onkyo's not far off.

I'm not au fait with the Onkyos, but I'd be tempted to up the LPF myself.

Experiment to see if you can find a setup you like.
You can always re-run the auto jobby if you get it wrong or are not happy :smashin:

I bought Pioneer SHS100 5.1 speakers. I used Audyssey setup on 607, but I am not sure if crossover frequencies are right or not.

The numbers are:

Front = 150hz
Centre = 150hz
Surround = 100hz
LPF of LPE = 80hz

Centre = 90-20,000hz
Subwoofer = 33-700hz

I don't know what to change the crossover frequencies to, or if I don't need to change anything?:confused:

This should work:
Front:100
Center :100
Surround:100
LPE of LFE: 120

Reason for setting the LPE of LFE higher is so you dont loose detail of .1 soundtrack.

Give it a go and let us know how you get on.

The numbers are:

Front = 150hz
Centre = 150hz
Surround = 100hz
LPF of LPE = 80hz

Centre = 90-20,000hz
Subwoofer = 33-700hz

Hi johnnyb85
What the Audyssey has done is measured the system in its current enviroment, but what it has done is calibrated your system to get the best sound possible by measuring every part of the system, the speakers in the room, this will often differ from the paper specs you get. Thats because the speakers are designed in a lab not your front room. So i would recommend running the Audyssey and then just leaving every thing as it is, this will give you the best response for your setup.

hope this helps

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom