Crossover and size

Stevescoob343

I have just purchased a pair of Q Acoustics 3030i fronts, 3090Ci centre, and 3020i for rears, my sub is the Q Acoustics 3070S. I am just wondering what I should set these speakers to on my Denon av amp, should they be small or large and also what should my crossover points be?

gibbsy

After running Audyssey set all speakers to small. LPF for LFE to 120hz (default setting). If Audyssey has set any of the speakers to below 80hz then set that figure. If set any higher then leave as they are.

Stevescoob343

After running Audyssey set all speakers to small. LPF for LFE to 120hz (default setting). If Audyssey has set any of the speakers to below 80hz then set that figure. If set any higher then leave as they are.
Thank you for this, just a question. What is LPF and LFE? And do you mean if Audyssey sets any to less than 80hz, change them to 80?

gibbsy

Thank you for this, just a question. What is LPF and LFE? And do you mean if Audyssey sets any to less than 80hz, change them to 80?
LPF for LFE is under the subwoofer settings. It will be the default setting on the Denon so no need to alter. On your sub to facilitate this then set the sub's crossover to it's maximum. 80hz is the recommended setting for listening but should only be set if Audyssey does indeed calibrate the speakers as being under this figure.

It's worth reading the opening to this thread as it will give you a lot more information about crossovers and bass management.

Stevescoob343

LPF for LFE is under the subwoofer settings. It will be the default setting on the Denon so no need to alter. On your sub to facilitate this then set the sub's crossover to it's maximum. 80hz is the recommended setting for listening but should only be set if Audyssey does indeed calibrate the speakers as being under this figure.

It's worth reading the opening to this thread as it will give you a lot more information about crossovers and bass management.

Brilliant, thank you very much for your help.

Dobbyisfree

Hiya, I saw your post on the TV thread too, nice lounge...

I would suggest that you point the surround speaker more towards your main listening position before you run Audyssey. I can't see the other one in the picture but, again, best it is directed as best it can towards MLP.

Stevescoob343

Hiya, I saw your post on the TV thread too, nice lounge...

I would suggest that you point the surround speaker more towards your main listening position before you run Audyssey. I can't see the other one in the picture but, again, best it is directed as best it can towards MLP.
Only problem is when you walk into the room if I position the speaker pointing directly at the listening position all you will see is the back of the speaker which doesn't look great to be honest so trying to keep the Mrs happy by placing it on a slight angle. Unless you have an idea in a way to cover it up maybe.

Dobbyisfree

Oh no! I'm not the expert, Gibbsy is. I've read enough of these forums in the last week(ish) now though to predict that he will ask for a picture that more shows the layout and position more clearly of the rear speakers... well, that's my guess!
Perhaps they could go more up against the wall or in the corner but I expect that this then might cause other issues... believe me, we all make compromises with our systems, it's this inconvenience of the other people that live with us hahaha

The latest video from AVForums

Samsung Micro LED, Mini LED, NEO QLED TVs and More: AVForums Podcast Interview
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom