Cross fit training

Ben-H

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of these out?

Few people at the gym have been talking about the workouts saying how good they are...

Bit dodgy getting home and telling the Mrs you did 'Fran' at the gym tho... :rolleyes:

CrossFit Workouts

LOL Fran is probaly the last one you want to do !! that and Murph !
I quite like the look of the stuff but i dont go any where to train. I do a crossfit style session once a week at home. I workout at home any way so all i had to buy was a set of Gymnastic rings and i blagged the local farmer to give me a tractor tyre. Ill look up a session and modify it to meet my equipment. I do like the look of it but as ive said i dont need to go somewhere to do an hours worth of bupees or 300 air squats.

I've not tried it, but watching it from afar I'm a massive fan of it. Bodybuilding is all well n good from an aesthetic point of view, but it isnt all that functional and ultimately there comes a point when it is no longer a challenge.

Crossfitters are arguably some of the best athletes on the planet. I'm definitely going to get into it properly at some point, but for now there aren't any clubs close enough to me.

I like the general idea of it, some if the WOD are cool.

They have designed the model to make a lot of money, and joining a club is a fortune, i'm less keen on that.

Some of the WOD involve technical power lifts for high reps, only very experienced people have a hope of doing this correctly. Doing it wrong puts strain on joints and means a high risk of injury.

So all in all a mixed bag, adds a bit of spice to training, iff nothing else.

I have just started doing Crossfit in the last few weeks and I love it!

If you have a Crossfit box in your area you should go and have a look, they encourage a friendly atmosphere and everybody helps each other out. Also, don't be put off by the technical lifts, all the workouts are scalable to ability, so you might start off lifting just the bar for instance.

Just started a crossfit program to ease my way back into lifting after a good 36 month absence,its only a beginners at the moment but ramps up the intensity later on....
Just got my plates,olympic bar and squat rack back so hopefully will be able to get rid of the 6 inches ive put on my waist in those 3 inactive yrs....
Quite happy so far.....

So far lost 3lb in 3 weeks,just about to have a bash at WOD linda this morn ...Should be interesting....

Wow what a workout,crossfit stresses the central nervous system bigtime,i was still wired at 9pm....
Scaled back on the lifting requirements of linda,and did the whole thing in 21mins...Thighs are feeling a bit stiff this morn,as is the chest and my stomach muscles.............Overall a complete buzz...

Could have done with a better nights kip but thats not always possible with a toddler in the house....

Nice work! 21 minutes seems like a great time for Linda.

How far back did you have to scale it if you don't mind me asking? I struggle with any of the WODs that use %bodyweight for lifting as I am still probably 10kg overweight :(

Nice work! 21 minutes seems like a great time for Linda.

How far back did you have to scale it if you don't mind me asking? I struggle with any of the WODs that use %bodyweight for lifting as I am still probably 10kg overweight :(

100 kg for the deadlift felt too light
Power clean 40kg just right
Bench press 60 kg felt heavy....

My current weight is around the 90 kg mark,at current strength levels no chance of me pulling 1.5 body weight for that many sets,and no chance of doing a body weight bench press,was shocked how much strength i'd lost...

The first 5 sets are tough,then it becomes easier but i couldn't wait for the last one ...:DFelt sick at some points,but the after effects were ace...

Did linda again this morn.....Increased power clean to 60 kg,everything else stayed the same,completely knackered now and need some breaky.... Time was around 22 mins...

100 kg for the deadlift felt too light
Power clean 40kg just right
Bench press 60 kg felt heavy....

My current weight is around the 90 kg mark,at current strength levels no chance of me pulling 1.5 body weight for that many sets,and no chance of doing a body weight bench press,was shocked how much strength i'd lost...

The first 5 sets are tough,then it becomes easier but i couldn't wait for the last one ...:DFelt sick at some points,but the after effects were ace...

How many reps/rounds do you have to do?

going to give this a try on Saturday . Might have to make a few subs because of the equipment at home but certainly looks like a killer

Linda again this mornin ,felt a bit sick whilst doing it mind....Going to alternate with different workouts,and plenty of cardio need to trim down the waist band and get some definition back...

Attempted murph this morn,dropped the squat reps down to 200 because i couldnt do the 300 reps....Struggled towards the end...Still gets the blood flowing though....Need a nap now...

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom