Critique my breakfast thread

This was some place in Guildford
It was actually very nice. It should be for £13.50
IMG_8229.jpeg

This was some place in Guildford
It was actually very nice. It should be for £13.50
View attachment 2017063

Over cooked fried egg. Bacon doesn’t look like much. Certainly thin and a little too crispy for my liking.
I like beans but I will let someone else pipe up about the beans and toast.

That’s farm shop price but quality is not near farm shop standard. So I guess you paid Guildford price for not much better than a Greggs.. although what’s a Greggs in Guildford cost nowadays? Expensive areas around there.

I agree about the photo not making it look great but it was a really good breakfast. The eggs were spot on, runny with crispy edges, cooked in butter. Bacon was delicious. Lovely toast with an unusual creamy butter. I even really enjoyed the beans for some reason as they weren’t swimming in juice.

Tomato was really poor. Mushroom average. I took the black pudding off, it does come with one. Oh yeah, it came on a hot skillet which was nice. I’d definitely go back despite the photo not doing it justice.

Oh yes, totally agree about the potato/hash brown. Just a token something would’ve been nice

Crispy fried egg. Not for me ta but I’m glad you enjoyed it, as that’s what counts :thumbsup:
I’d eat that breakfast but not at that price, are they all that expensive nowadays?

I don’t think I’ve ever had a crispy fried egg before but it was nice. Yes, round my way they’re all that kind of money. Unless you go to a greasy spoon type of place or Wetherspoons/toby carvery.

All this talk of crispy fried egg makes me want a fried egg sandwich tomorrow. I've not had one for ages as avoiding the carbs but might make an exception.

Just come across this thread. I've not had a fried breakfast since I don't know when.

We don't eat our evening meal until around 8.00pm.
So for breakfast for me, It's a black coffee, (no sugar) and a slice of toast.
But on the three days a week I can be playing golf, my wife insists I have two Weetabix (I don't have sugar on that either) instead of the slice of toast.

I’ve never had a fried egg sandwich. It sounds pretty good.

I’ve only ever had egg and bacon sandwiches

Stayed in a Travelodge last night and in an attempt to get my money's worth from their "unlimited breakfast" I had 8 rashers of bacon, 4 sausages, 2 slices of toast and 2 glasses of orange juice :thumbsup:

Stayed in a Travelodge last night and in an attempt to get my money's worth from their "unlimited breakfast" I had 8 rashers of bacon, 4 sausages, 2 slices of toast and 2 glasses of orange juice :thumbsup:

About the only critique we can give on that is P.O.I.D.H. :D

ETA:Actually scratch that. "What no eggs! 😲"

About the only critique we can give on that is P.O.I.D.H. :D

ETA:Actually scratch that. "What no eggs! 😲"
I leave eggs until they grow into chickens.
Even though the breakfast is "unlimited" I feel like I must be "discreet" so no photos:(

Otter Nurseries, Kingsteignton.

1000005699.jpg

God damn weed in the middle of it. I guess that's what you get shopping at a garden centre

Pea shoots, the latest incarnation of the mint sprig :D

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom