Criterion's Klute Blu-ray Review & Comments

Casimir Harlow

Movies Editor
Reaction score
This has always been a favourite of mine (along with Parallax View), so will be great to see it again

This has always been a favourite of mine (along with Parallax View), so will be great to see it again
Absolutely. Fingers crossed we finally get a blu ray release of parallax view.
My copy of klute was posted today from amazon. Should be with me tomorrow. Its an outstanding movie in every way.

Absolutely. Fingers crossed we finally get a blu ray release of parallax view.
My copy of klute was posted today from amazon. Should be with me tomorrow. Its an outstanding movie in every way.

Yes it's a crime there's no Parallax View on Blu-ray. Fingers crossed it bodes well that Criterion got Klute and they movie on to that eventually.

Yes it's a crime there's no Parallax View on Blu-ray. Fingers crossed it bodes well that Criterion got Klute and they movie on to that eventually.
Parrallx is one of many classics that's been optioned by criterion. Sadly they won't allow anyone else to release it. A good sign is that klute was optioned years ago. So there's hope. Films such as bringing up baby, arsenic and old lace have been optioned by criterion
Im watching Klute now and pq is really good. The movie is near perfect. They've cleaned it up beautifully. Klute is one of those gems that burns itself into your memory. I put it in the same league as badlands. Its that good. I'm surprised at the indifferent reviews on imdb.

Another Donald Sutherland masterclass.
I bought Don't Look Now on 4k last week and it looks absolutely brilliant. And holds up well as a surreal horror even today. I'll keep an eye on this for sure.

Now all I need is Body snatchers pointing and screaming in beautiful remastered quality and I'll be very happy!

Another Donald Sutherland masterclass.
I bought Don't Look Now on 4k last week and it looks absolutely brilliant. And holds up well as a surreal horror even today. I'll keep an eye on this for sure.

Now all I need is Body snatchers pointing and screaming in beautiful remastered quality and I'll be very happy!
I've been constantly toying with buying body snatchers on bluray. I take it from your comments that you aren't impressed with the current bluray release PQ.

I've been constantly toying with buying body snatchers on bluray. I take it from your comments that you aren't impressed with the current bluray release PQ.

Oh no, far from it, if you mean the Scream Factory version. Nah, I just want to get it in 4k. One of my favourite movies.

It's been a very long time since I watched this. I had the DVD, but never actually got around to unwrapping it :rolleyes: so I think I last saw it on TV.
I had forgotten many things about it including Jane Fonda's brilliant performance. Excellent film :thumbsup:

I thought I'd order this for some bank holiday watching, apparently Amazon can get it to me within 1-2 months! Zavvi don't stock it and Zoom take the best part of a week to deliver.

Any other options outside of that medieval going to a shop nonsense?

Oh no, far from it, if you mean the Scream Factory version. Nah, I just want to get it in 4k. One of my favourite movies.
Thanks. It's a really good movie.
If you like Donald Sutherland, have you seen Man on the train 2011? He gives an exceptional performance.

I thought I'd order this for some bank holiday watching, apparently Amazon can get it to me within 1-2 months! Zavvi don't stock it and Zoom take the best part of a week to deliver.

Any other options outside of that medieval going to a shop nonsense?

Zoom do 1st class postage for £1.25.
If you can pay via PayPal, you can still use the SIGNUP10 code, would make it £17.44 all in.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom