Criterion releases.....

Zog

Established Member
Reaction score
Are these not generally available on the high street?

Tried to buy it in town yesterday and couldn't find it anywhere......

3 HMVs, a WH Smith, Music Zone, and three other independants.

Whats the problem?

There region 1, only avaliable on import.

or R0, also import.

the odd one is released over here all be it there generally advertised as such. The beastie boys video collection was advertised as a criterion dvd. And my 2 disc R2 collectors edition version of The Rock is a criterion disc as the first thing it says on the menu is "The Criterion Collection" Strange i know

The Beastie Boys title can be legally imported and sold in the UK as it is a music title that is exempt from BBFC classification.

The reason you have that Criterion menu on The Rock is that a deal was struck where Criterion could have the rights to release this title for a limited period on condition that the extras laden version that Criterion produced would become the property of Touchstone when Criterion's disribution deal on the title ended.

Never thought of that Pauley. But i only paid £3.99 for mine and in the words of Mr T "I pity the poor fool" who spent god knows how much on his cirterion version once it became deleated. Saying that i might go and buy the mighty Videodrome on the criterion label. Been fancying that for a while now

Videodrome is a superb Criterion release. You'll love the packaging - looks like a Betamax tape.

Excellent off to get it right now. Must say its along time since ive seen it, been dying to see it for ages now. Oh and Pauley surely you aint been logged on since 1 am last night :D If you have man you have stamina :devil:

the_pauley said:
Videodrome is a superb Criterion release. You'll love the packaging - looks like a Betamax tape.
cool

I suspect this means I'll have to buy it again :mad:

cityonfire said:
Excellent off to get it right now. Must say its along time since ive seen it, been dying to see it for ages now. Oh and Pauley surely you aint been logged on since 1 am last night :D If you have man you have stamina :devil:
Me? No. Beddy-byes at just after midnight last night. :confused:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom