1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crisis Command BBC

Discussion in 'TV Show Forum' started by Mr.D, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,149
    Anyone else watch this?

I didn't know what to think of it.
    Was this a scripted drama masquerading as a contestant show?

It seemed very forced and stagey?

Pretty pointless really.

2. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    And what was the thing after the end credits about calling a BBC 'Social Work' therapy helpline if you were traumatised by the show?! Is the tv viewing public really that weak-willed and paranoid?

The best bit was definitely when they made their choice about the plane and had to suffer the consequences. I was shouting at the tv along with my wife and parents :)

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

Quite enjoyed the show. Admittedly, the older chap, who was one of the pretend ministers, was a right pillock, in my opinion! Seemed to be willing to risk everyone's life, on the slimmest of slim chances, that the hijackers of the plane were atually telling the truth, and would release the hostages once the Yemanese prisoners were released! Anyone in their right mind, would have risked shooting down the plane (carrying just 100 people) than risk having that plan be ploughed into a part of London, and killing hundreds or thousands!

I still think I could have done better than the contestants, though. ;)

Pooch

4. nabby

nabby

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,615
    Exactly! Did never occur to them that if the hijackers had wanted to negotiate the release of prisoners, they could have landed at any airport? Also that Heathrow's flight path takes it right over the centre of London?

The producer was on 5-Live the other day and was saying how the filming went on for 3 hours (edited down to 1 hour for broadcast). During this time, the change in attitudes of the "contestants" from average man in the street to politician with an answer for every decision made was astounding.

And as for the woman (who was a barrister) saying that she'd have done much better by herself, who was she kidding?!

Still, entertaining enough! Is it a series, as I'm wondering what they can give the next lot to cope with?!

5. dsw182

dsw182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I think this was a pilot for a potential series.

The 'ministers' & the show producers were on BBC Breakfast & apparently this was a toned down version of the real emergency management simulations which real civil servants have to go through.

6. rhoamish

rhoamish

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you know if it will be shown again? I missed it, and can't find it on the BBC listings.

7. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,863
    Hi,

This is, indeed, a pilot episode, for a potential series, that may be shown in late-Summer or early-Autumn of 2004.

The pilot episode isn't currently scheduled for a repeat, but keep your eyes open on the schedules of late-night BBC1 (especially when they may transmit it, with subtitles and signing, for deaf/hard-of-hearing viewers), and all of BBC3 and BBC4, in case it gets slipped-in.

Pooch

8. Matthew Attoe

Matthew Attoe

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I hope they go for a series