Cripples Bedroom Floating Wall

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Cripple, Feb 10, 2009.

1. Cripple

Cripple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys.

I have desperately wanted to re-do my room for years. Well i've finally started and i plan to build a floating wall with my TV.

Right, so here is what my tv set up looks like so far (pretty crap). Sorry for the awful images. I have an iphone lol.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I already have my 37" Toshiba as you can see. I have a black leather 2 seater recliner sofa on order, a new bed, and a new set of chest of drawers.

So far I have moved everything out and removed the embarrasing border lol. I have decided my TV is going up on a plasterboard wall with this mount: TOSHIBA 23"-37" TILT TV WALL MOUNT BRACKET BLACK on eBay, also, Plasma LCD Mounts, TV Accessories, Consumer Electronics (end time 08-Feb-09 22:08:35 GMT)

Does it look ok?

I haven't decided what TV unit i'm going to have yet.

I hope this gets more interesting as we go along lol.

Cheers.

Cripple.

2. Greg Zepplin

Greg Zepplin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Hi mate

Good call on removing the border! :smashin:

I've just ordered this wall mount after looking around here, it mounts only 2cm from the wall which should keep it nice and flush; they also do a tilting version for three quid more.

If you like I'll let you know if it's any good once it arrives.

3. Cripple

Cripple
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    UPDATE!

First of all I apologise for the completely awful pics, as I explained in my first post, I have an iPhone and my digi camera is packed away.

Right, straight to business, we (near enough) stripped the room and started to prep for paint:

[​IMG]

Then my screen mount arrived:

[​IMG]

Then we started making the wall nice and secure for the mount. Bear in mind this is a plasterboard wall that for some reason only has 1 upright wooden stud (which we did not use).

We put lots and lots of raw plugs in:

[​IMG]

We then built a simple weight-spreading thingy and mounted the bracket to it:

[​IMG]

TEST FIT!!

[​IMG]

Now, I know there is a massive gap here, but I wasn't going for the whole close to the wall thing so:

[​IMG]

We then put the MDF up:

[​IMG]

And here it is:

[​IMG]

Just needs a lick of paint and its finished.

I also noticed that people took some shots of HD movies so I thought i'd see how my iPhone gets on with that... turns out not very well, but I thought i'd post it anyway...

[​IMG]

So yeah, there we have it... It was a very quick and budget build but will look a lot better when i get the rest of the furniture in, have painted it, and found my camera lol.

Cheers.

Cripple.