• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Cringeworthy moment...

kav

Distinguished Member
It's my mother's 50th birthday today, so half an hour ago I rounded up the kids to give her a call. I spent five minutes rehearsing "Happy Birthday" with them, and then called her up. As soon as she answered the phone, the three of us launched into a typically off-key, all-over-the-place rendition of Happy Birthday, polished off with three "hip-hip - hooray!"'s...

...at which point the woman on the other side said "I'm sorry love, I think you have the wrong number..."

I couldn't help but burst out laughing, and I apologised between my guffawing, to which she responded in a typically Irish deadpan fashion "Ah not at all darling, it was lovely". :blush::blush::blush:

Anybody got any good embarrassing moments to share?

SirGorilla

Established Member
It's my mother's 50th birthday today, so half an hour ago I rounded up the kids to give her a call. I spent five minutes rehearsing "Happy Birthday" with them, and then called her up. As soon as she answered the phone, the three of us launched into a typically off-key, all-over-the-place rendition of Happy Birthday, polished off with three "hip-hip - hooray!"'s...

...at which point the woman on the other side said "I'm sorry love, I think you have the wrong number..."

I couldn't help but burst out laughing, and I apologised between my guffawing, to which she responded in a typically Irish deadpan fashion "Ah not at all darling, it was lovely". :blush::blush::blush:

Anybody got any good embarrassing moments to share?

Haha! That's brilliant :smashin:.

I've had a similar embarassing moment. About three and a half years ago when I was fourteen, I rang a very good friend of mine on their house phone, heard the click and "hello", and there was me going, "Haha, I'm surprised you're even bloody awake, mate!", as we'd been at a big gathering with a load of friends, and went on talking about some of the girls that were there, that he'd left some alcohol at my house and all of the gory details, etc. I did this for about forty seconds and stopped, waiting for a reply... which just so happened to be, "...did you want to talk to Daniel?"

It was his dad that answered the phone XD.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom