1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Skies

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by MARTIN TURNER, Oct 27, 2003.

1. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    has anybody seen or played this game yet ,i think it comes out friday. i saw a demo months ago and it looked fantastic.

2. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    Microsoft have apparently "jiggled" it about for a quite a while now since it was finished last year and deemed to be "poor": they've jazzed it up quite a bit.

I agree, it looks rollicking! Not sure I'd buy it full price tho. But then again, I am a Hamish McSkinflint and never buy anything full price.

regards,
    anephric

3. backtothefuture

backtothefuture

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    wasnt this game out like over a year ago ...or am i confusing it with something else?

is it a WWII fighter plane game ?

:confused:

4. anephric

anephric

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +149
    it was supposed to come out last year, but Microsoft held it back to rejig it for Live play: they're supposed to have rethought a lot of the game:

There were still ads running last year saying it was coming out b4 last xmas, so this is prob why u thought it'd come and gone.

regards,
    anephric

5. Taz

Taz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Played CS to death on PC, cant wait for the Xbox version. :clap:

6. mandmac

mandmac

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only played the game for an hour or 2(single player not live yet) and it seems brilliant.Very solid and beautiful graphics infact some of the best yet on xbox imo, steady frame rate that looks 60 fps but dont quote me.

Best of all I'm finding that this is the way a dogfighting game should handle.Right back to war hawk on the ps I've wanted a dogfighting in 3d game to feel right but they just havent(dont even mention ace combat series) but boy this does.

Overall with this, kill switch and ssx 3 my xbox has been switched on constantly for the past week(literally).

Very good offering from MS although I'm sure they have used the same awful guy who voiced the lead in Yager to voice the lead charecter in this too :(

7. MARTIN TURNER

MARTIN TURNER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    cheers lads u are all right i saw this game on a xbox demo disk before last xmas and kept wondering where it had gone. if the graphics are as good as the demo i am sure i wont be able to resist it. i cant tell u how many games i have been puffed into on the back of one decent screen shot. i think i bought the first two fifa games just on the video intro!!!!!!