Crimson Skies on Xbox Live

Discussion in 'Xbox Forums' started by churchofhalo, Jul 26, 2004.

1. churchofhalo

churchofhalo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have heard that this game is a average in single player but awesome online, a bit like unreal championship. I just wanted to know if it is worth buying and what it's like to play online, I have seen videos which make it look like great fun, just wanted to know what people who've played it think.
    Thanks

2. -Spike-

-Spike-

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +309
    Enjoyed this online and it was a good laugh but I did get bored of it quite quickly.
    Many seemed to move onto other games and not go back to this.
    I'd recommend it if flying is your sort of thing but my main concern now would be if many are playing it and whether you'd get many games.
    Maybe rent it first?

HTH
    :)

3. colesy

colesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    It may be a personal choice but everybody I know who bought it, apart from 1 person, took it straight back for a full refund.
    Rent it or get it from Game on a 10 day exchange.

4. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    The graphics are great and single player is really good fun. I did sell it after getting stuck quite far on in single player. However I have just bought it again for £16 from Amazon to give Live a go. I hope I can find a game !

This is the problem with Live opposed to online gaming on a PC. It struggles to support good titles in terms of player numbers, even those that are decent titles and relatively new. If you compare this to the PC where you still have hundereds of people playing games that are many many years old (Quake 2, HL, Red Alert etc)

Its always been my argument about Live. They are failing to build a support base, and therefore people get rid of the good live enabled games as they cant get a game. Bit of a vicious circle. Maybe this will change with the likes of Halo 2, Fifa 2005.

5. hulkhead

hulkhead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    CS is a good laugh on live although its been a few months since i last played this. 16 player dog fights are excellent.

Defo worth picking up on the cheap

6. womble9

womble9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +92
    I played the single player game for a while and really enjoyed it, the game is well put toghther and the controlls are nice and "tight" if you get what I mean by that :) . It was one of the 1st games I played on Live and I loved it (still do) :thumbsup: . There's some great maps / levels and always a good few people available for a game. Recomended :) .

7. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Just got me copy so will give Live a whizz tonight. Its definately worth £16 for the single player alone.