1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

crimson skies - and other babble

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by beng, Mar 15, 2004.

1. beng

beng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A bit behind the times but I finally managed to buy a copy of Crimson Skies yesterday for the xbox.

And so far after a couple of hours with it yesterday I'm very impressed. No lag whatsoever, really excellent music and sound effects, top graphics and explosions and lots and lots of very smooth arcadey action.

On a side note - who else thinks that the high street retailers are effectively artificially and abitrairily controling the price of second hand games? There's no transparency as to how prices are set. I took in Counter Strike, Mace Griffin and Jedi Academy for a total of eighteen pounds. what the fudge? Eighteen pounds?

It's mildy annoying to see the game back on the shelf ten minutes later for £20. Jeez it represents an enormous profit. Maybe I'm just extremely envious. Or maybe there's something in it. Anyone think they're price fixing?

2. harrisuk

harrisuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +58
    Why dont you sell them on ebay ? You would have got alot more than £6 each for them....

3. Willy

Willy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Or sell them at your local indie.

4. UncagedTyphoon

UncagedTyphoon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    just sold Championship manager 2002/2003 on E-bay got £10 plus P&P better off than on hight st stores m8 only £6 for Jedi
    sh*t I would have give you a tenner for that or even try this forum to sell ya games advetise on here first look at game preowned and take a couple of quid off

5. beng

beng

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers UT,

I know that there are options. I suppose for convenience you can't beat the highstreet. The trade off is you're at their pricing mercy. I'm not sure how they have the balls to stand there and make it look like they're doing you a favour. "Oh, here's six pounds for that game you bought last week second hand for twenty".

Do I look like I have "****" tatooed on my forehead?

None of you monkeys are allowed to answer that!!! :) ;-)