Crimson Rivers - nice one Pooch !

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Koosnaff, Jan 29, 2002.

1. Koosnaff

Koosnaff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Saw Crimson Rivers recently - Pooch, I think it was you who recommended this a while back - and have to say its a very good movie. Jean Reno, as always, plays his part very dilligently, and the scenery and set pieces are great. Also, some nice twists, but, and its a big but, probably some of the most amazing model work I have seen ever. Don't want to spoil anything, but there is a scene where there is a body in the morgue, and it is the most realistic 'fake' body I have ever seen in a film. You get real closeup shots and you would never believe it wasn't real.

Definately one for the gore hounds...

The karate fight was unnecessary and a tad over the top, but its a good tale, well told and well acted. 9/10 !

2. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +832
    Agree. Decent film with the Dogtanian and the Muskahounds dubbing thrown in for good measure, which works to throw you off track but then to ironically increase your attention when a body part arrives on screen...ha ha, bl**dy hell...kinda response. Reminds me of Requiem for a Dream's close-up work on maties shoot-up scab ridden arm with laughing at his mate going damn that's nasty to close-up, another cheery masterpiece.:eek:

3. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Folks,

Thanks for the compliments! I'm glad my recommendation was worth your while!

To be honest, I don't think Jean Reno has actually been involved with or made, a bad film. He's been in one or two "not-so-great" films, but not a "bad" one.... unless you lot can prove me wrong?!

As you seemed to enjoy this movie, can I also recommend all of the following:

"Tesis" - superb Spanish horror movie, on R2 from Tartan DVD

"Battle Royale" - another Tartan R2 DVD release, and a real Japanese shocker, with Takeshi Kitano!

"Nowhere To Hide" - yet another Tartan R2 DVD title. This director whose name escapes me, could be the next John Woo! The first 7 minutes are amazingly well shot!

Pooch