1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crimson Elektrik Amplifier

Discussion in 'AV Pre-Amp/Processors & Power Amps' started by terrycbull, Aug 22, 2005.

1. terrycbull

terrycbull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm a bit out of touch with Hi Fi these days and have decided to watch TV or play CDs for entertainment and therefore disposing of my once cherished real Hi-Fi components and eventually a cupboard full of vinyl. I've just sold my Thorens/Rega turntable. My question is I have a Crimson Elektrik CK1100/1010 Power/Pre amp combination (100 watts RMS) in good working order and in its day very highly rated(but not overly aesthetically endowed!). Is there a market out there for this type of amp. I was thinking of selling it on ebay. Any thoughts??? Thanks Terry

2. alexs2

alexs2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,674
    Being fair,the few Crimson products I've seen being sold havent attracted great prices,and ebay may well not provide you with the price you want.

If you're thinking of using ebay,have a look for similar or identical amps and track the prices for a bit first,and also look on www.ex-dem.com

3. terrycbull

terrycbull
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks I'll have a look at the ex dem site- I use ebay a fair bit but have only recently decided to sell the CE amp.

4. Redcatsurfer

Redcatsurfer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am currently using a Crimson Elektrik amp, built many years ago, using the CE1708 modules.
    Have you sold your amp yet?