1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crime Scene Investigation CSI dvd release

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by encaser, Mar 19, 2002.

1. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    Season One boxset up for pre-order for May 27th at Amazon/Bensonsworld/Blackstar.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,862
    Encaser (and anyone else),

I am a big fan of "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation", but having just checked out the Blackstar site, and seen what little details there are listed, I want to say a few things:-

1) The boxed set, if released on R2 DVD, will probably only comprise the first half of Season 1, as it appears to be selling around the £35 mark. As Season 1 was 22 episodes in total, then this is what has lead me to the aforementioned conclusion.

2) The set is (allegedly) being released by Momentum Pictures. This seems suspect, only because the show is owned by Alliance Atlantis, who are a division of Alliance Releasing, who - more often than not - release their own material, on their own label, rather than lease it out to other companies.

3) I can't believe that a high-profile, and critically acclaimed US show like this is being given an R2 release first, before the US. I know this happened with "Buffy", but it still seems odd!

I will get in touch with Alliance Atlantis myself, (I have a contact I can speak with), and see if they can fill me in on any more details, because I wonder about this rather premature announcement of a Season 1 boxed set, when there has been no fanfare of any kind. It seems a little too good to be true.

If I hear of anything, I will post it here. Until then, unless you all hear something far more concrete, I would approach cautiously before pre-ordering, because I genuinely don't think that the set will come out at least until the end of Season 2 in the US.

Pooch

3. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112

4. encaser

encaser

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings: