Crikey I'm impressed! XBOX and a PWD8...

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs Forum' started by timiano, Mar 28, 2006.

1. timiano

timiano
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not had real chance to play with the new PWD8 last week as the day after it arrived and I rushed to put it up, I was off to a trip to the Nurburgring in a 911 Carrera S rental from avis :rotfl:

Anyhow, got back yesterday and today had chance to play. Popped out and got 3 phono (rca) gold plated couplers to bridge the XBOX HDTV AV pack to the Van Damme RCA to VGA cable. Went through the DVE disk and things were looking spanking and overall I was impressed.

But I forgot about the XBOX's HD progressive and HD capabilities :eek:, so I slapped it into NTSC mode and enabled 480p, 720p and 1080i. Well the panel didn't even flinch, and XBMC come flying up looking sharper than a razor. However, media didn't like being played at 1080i, ie just wouldn't...dunno why. But 720p and 480p worked a treat, so I decided to leave it on 720p as it seems to have the edge. I'm just flat out knocked out by how good it looks compared to PAL over component.

Put LOTR ROTK on, and XBMC flawlessly upscales to 720P and the PWD8 does the business of scaling it onto its 720 x 480.

My only problem now, is that I'm going to have to go through the DVE again properly as the change to NTSC has shifted a few things.

Just thought I'd post and convey what an awesome combination a chipped XBOX and PWD8 are :clap: :thumbsup: :rotfl: :smashin: :hiya: