Cricket - Sony A8 v LG CX

AndyC57

Novice Member
I am thinking of buying a 65"Sony A8 or a LG CX. I watch a lot of Cricket, so was hedging towards the Sony because of its apparently better motion handling. However cricket on Sky has a permanent score card across the bottom of the screen, much like a news ticker on a news channel. This would be on the screen for several hours a day, several days a week. Would this be an issue for OLED burn in? Would the LGs logo dimming make a difference?

BillRawles

Not a chance I would buy an OLED for such a task. Some users zoom in when watching such content to hide the score card but that's just a babysitting step too far for me. Sony XH95 could be picked up now for a very competitive price. You get all the motion benefits with no image retention concerns. Your black bars won't be full-on inky black but it's a small price to pay.

pastrybloke19

I am thinking of buying a 65"Sony A8 or a LG CX. I watch a lot of Cricket, so was hedging towards the Sony because of its apparently better motion handling. However cricket on Sky has a permanent score card across the bottom of the screen, much like a news ticker on a news channel. This would be on the screen for several hours a day, several days a week. Would this be an issue for OLED burn in? Would the LGs logo dimming make a difference?
Defo issue for burn in with OLED; stick with LCD like the XH9505 or similar high tier tv.

The latest video from AVForums

Toy Stories - Turning Toys into Blockbuster Movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom