1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crestron TPMC-10

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by timothy jones, Jan 20, 2005.

1. timothy jones

timothy jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am looking at buying Crestron TPMC-10 touch panel [along with CP2E processor].

I was wandering if there is anyone out there who has links to resourceful information as to how to program this panel. :D

I've programmed ST-1550 and ST-1700 panels, but TPMC-10 is a totally different beast. I know SIMPL, SIMPL+ and VisionTools Pro-e quite well :blush: , although I am not CAIP. :cool:

Any info is welcome.

Thanks,
    timothy

Also, I can no longer download software from Crestron's web site without becoming CAIP--for which I have neither time nor money. If anyone can share with their latest versions of software, I would be much obliged [of course if this is permissible per EULA]

2. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Timothy,

In order to program the TPMC-10 you need to the new beta version of VTPro-e and as you have said the crestron website is locked down to the likes of us.

Out of interest who will buy the panel from? I have a good contact in the US who may be able to get a good price (plus exchange rate & may be able to supply software)

Do you have much it would cost to go down the CAIP route?

Paul

3. timothy jones

timothy jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Paul, How goes it.

Yeah, unfortunately, I think I am going to need VTPro-e version 3.3 (the one I currently have is 3.2.1).

I am buying panel from a company in LA--I am getting prices close to dealer cost. [BTW, I live in the US]. But if you think your guy can break $3000 price for the panel (new), please let me know how I can get in touch with him.

Maybe, if he can provide software with the panel, I might just buy it from him even if his price is a bit higher. (I also need docking station/mouse/keyboard, CP2E, PW2420, IR learner--CNXLIR? and some IR probes).

As far as going CAIP route, I didn't get all specifics, but from what I gathered, you would need to do 3 courses ($1000 each) at one of Crestron training facilities (can't do them at home). There might be something else after that, but as soon as I found that I will need to pay $3000 to "learn" something I already know, I decided this wasn't my route.

Cheers,
    Timothy

4. pemberto

pemberto

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Tim,

The guy that I use is geoffrey beale [gerthshkr@hotmail.com]. You will also find him on the Crestron Yahoo user group.

Hope that helps.
    Paul

5. timothy jones

timothy jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Paul, Thanks dude. I will get in touch with him. TJ

6. mrtgilbert2

mrtgilbert2
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys,

The Crestron TPMC-10 "Requires VT-Pro 3.3.1.8 or later" according to their website, althouh I'm currently running v 3.2.1.8, about to be upgraded soon!

I'm just going through CAIP accreditation (in the UK) and have access to all the Crestron website downloads as were a Crestron dealer.

However, we'd be skinned if I distributed the software.

However, if u ever need any help or advice, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to help.

Regards,

Tom

7. Vis Man

Vis Man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Be aware that if you download the beta version save it in a separate directory as the software is only for the TPMC-10 panel and use the current version of VT-Pro for all other Panels. You will also have to get the latest versions of Simple Windows and Data Base.