Creepshow (Shudder)

raigraphixs

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
EP & FX Greg Nicotero confirms the first episode has wrapped with a first set image

The six-episode season will feature an adaptation of an as-yet-unannounced Stephen King story (“Survivor Type,” it would seem) as well as segments based on stories by other award-winning and acclaimed horror writers, including:

• “By the Silvery Waters of Lake Champlain” by Joe Hill (NOS4A2)
  • “House of the Head” by Josh Malerman (Bird Box)
  • “The Companion” by Joe Lansdale (The Bottoms)
  • “The Man in the Suitcase” by Christopher Buehlman (The Lesser Dead)
  • “All Hallows Eve” by Bruce Jones (The Hitchhiker)
  • “Night of the Paw” by John Esposito (The Walking Dead: Webisodes)
  • “Bad Wolf Down” by Rob Schrab (Monster House)

executive producer Greg Nicotero
Having the opportunity to embrace the spirit of Creepshow and expand on what George and Steve created is, without a doubt, a lifelong dream come true, Having grown up in Pittsburgh, Creepshow lives in a special place for me. I had the good fortune to visit the set as a teenager. I was able to look behind the curtain of filmmaking, and it changed me forever. I’m honored to continue telling the stories in the ‘comic book come to life’ world that fans fell in love with. This fall we will be ‘opening the coffin’ and unleashing upon the world our demented and ghastly stories, crafted by the best in business.”

In addition to his EP duties, Nicotero will direct some of the series. Other installments will be helmed by David Bruckner, director of the acclaimed horror film The Ritual as well as Bloody Disgusting segments in our V/H/S and Southbound; Roxanne Benjamin, director of segments in Bloody Disgusting’s Southbound and also XX; and Rob Schrab, whose numerous TV directing credits include Ghosted and Community. John Harrison, who was the first assistant director for George Romero on the original Creepshow movie (and who also composed the film’s theme), will be directing a story he co-wrote with Nicotero.

SHUDD.jpg

Creepshow Enlists Giancarlo Esposito for a Stephen King-Based Episode | TV Guide
Horror-centric streaming service Shudder's upcoming anthology Creepshow has enlisted some heavy-hitters for the series premiere. Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul star Giancarlo Esposito, Saw actor Tobin Bell, and the original Creepshow movie's Adrienne Barbeau will appear in "Gray Matter," an episode based on a classic Stephen King short story, Shudder announced Wednesday. The episode is directed by showrunner Greg Nicotero — best known for his work on The Walking Dead — and adapted by The Commuter's Byron Willinger and Philip de Blasi.

Last edited:
‘Creepshow’: David Arquette, Tricia Helfer & Dana Gould Join Shudder Series – Deadline
Joining the cast are actors David Arquette (Scream franchise), Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica, Lucifer) and Dana Gould (The Simpsons, Stan Against Evil). Shudder also revealed the three new Creepshow stories in which they will appear, and announced Tom Savini (Dawn of the Dead, 1990’s Night of the Living Dead) as the director of Joe Hill’s “By the Silver Water of Lake Champlain” (adapted by Jason Ciaramella), marking Savini’s return to the franchise
The new cast join Adrienne Barbeau, Giancarlo Esposito and Tobin Bell, previously announced for the Stephen King story “Gray Matter,” adapted by Byron Willinger and Philip de Blasi (The Commuter) and directed by Nicotero (The Walking Dead).

‘Creepshow’: Two Grammy Winners Join Shudder Horror Revival – Deadline
Shudder’s Creepshow adds two Grammy winners, Kid Cudi and Big Boi of OutKast, to the Season 1 ensemble for the revival of the venerable horror anthology brand. Also announced: Jeffrey Combs (Star Trek), Bruce Davison (X-Men), and DJ Qualls (The Man in the High Castle) are also on board for the series that invokes the title of the 1982 horror classic written by Stephen King and directed by George A. Romero

episode 1, 2 stories in the debut quite predictable :boring:

Gray Matter had potential, characters standing around screaming, the same one :rolleyes:
The House of The Head was interesting

episode 2, the 2nd story entertaining :laugh:

I really liked The House of the Head. Nice to see the girl from the Walking Dead getting other parts as she's a good actress.

The Finger was also good.

I take it this is not available to watch in the UK yet?

Shudder service is available in the the UK online, Chromecast. Apple TV and Amazon Prime (with a sub).

episode 3, 2nd story enjoyable :laugh:

I'm sure last year around Black Friday they did some free offers for trials of 3 months on the Amazon Prime sub channels. Like Starz, etc.

Will keep an eye again as would be a good (and legit :D ) way of being able to watch this and other shows like Castle Rock.

episode 4, entertaining both stories
she should have call the police instead of to create complication

Last edited:
episode 5, 1st story fun :laugh: - nothing is free :eek:

episode 6, two decent stories :laugh:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom