1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creep

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Marc, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i watched Creep last night, and must say I really thoroughly enjoyed it.

For those of you who might not have heard of it, Creep is about a woman who misses the last subway train and accidentally gets locked in the london underground overnight. Even worse for her, there seems to be some sort of homicidal maniac stalking her, so she has the arduous task of surviving the night in the labyrinthyn maze that is the london tube system.

I like it when a horror movie doesn't cheapen itself with gags and stereotypes, and really goes for the jugular instead, and this is right up there with the texas chainsaw massacre (remake) and wrong turn in terms of being tense and chilling, and like those two, it also has a truly frightening adversary.

Admittedly the movie started out badly, with a party scene in which a couple of american women and the lead, a german woman are chatting, and the accents all sound rather bad and the conversations very fake, but once you get past that, and into the subway, the rest of the movie is top notch. You may, like me, still cringe a bit at the german accent of the lead woman throughout the movie though, as it sounds fake, but the fact that she's absolutely stunning will soon ease you past that ;) The supporting cast in the subway, led by Vas Blackwood, seemed quite good as well, reacting to situations a bit more realistically than you see in some movies and generally not "hamming" things up much.

It's good to see another horror coming out of England too, it proves we can do more than cockney gangster movies! Over the past few years we've had quite a few, Dog Soldiers, Deathwatch, Long Time Dead and Hole among others which have varied from poor to excellent, but i think this one tops them all.

i think i'd give this 8.5/10 - it loses a few points for lack of gore, it tends to leave most stuff to the imagination, and i don't actually have one :confused: and I also feel they missed an opportunity with the ending, that a) would have been very creepy and b) could have opened the door for a sequel. I think the version i watched was the american cut though, so who knows, the uk cut might be different as was the case with Riddick, Saw and others.

2. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Ahhh Franka Potente, from The Bourne Identity and Anatomy. Yes she is actually German (so not fake really!) Check out Run Lola Run if you like her ;)

Definitely wanted to check this out - but DVD will have to do, as I missed the window of opportunity at the cinema!

Cheers for backing it up though :)

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    lol, i remember thinking the girl in bourne identity had a really fake accent as well, never realised they were the same person, or that it was her natural accent!

4. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    LOL - I know where you're coming from - I have a German friend and she sounds very similar. It's probably years of hearing English/American actors putting a german accent on ;) Either that, or they talk "softer" in English than their native tongue !

Still, Anatomy and Run Lola Run aren't too bad for more viewings of her ;)

5. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    anatomy... do you get to see much of hers?

6. Seth Gecko

Seth Gecko
    retired member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +193
    Isn't that more for the adult forums ;)

Well it was a while ago (3 or 4 years ago) and I don't THINK so - but still a reasonable horror/thriller. Worth looking up - think it's pretty cheap on DVD.

7. edinburgh160

edinburgh160

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :clap: