• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creative Zen V+ question (with radio)

JamieBee

Established Member
I am about to buy the 2GB version and would like to ask a question.

On the net I have seen it comes in various colours (white, pink and more commonly black). Sorry if it is a silly question but is each colour exactly the same model or are certain colours more recent than others ?

The reason I ask is I have found a black one for £70 but a pink one for £85 on pricegrabber.co.uk.

Thanks for your help.

JamieBee

Established Member
There is the Zen V and the Zen V Plus. The Plus model comes with the radio.

Yes - it's the plus I am after with the radio. As explained, I was just wondering why different colours were different prices and whether some colours were newer than others.

http://www.pricegrabber.co.uk/searc...=creative+zen+plus+v/rd=1/mode=g_uk_b_s/skd=1

See this page above - the same player but £10 difference between the two. One of the serial numbers is a number different to the other. Hmm...

W

Whisper

Quiddic is correct in saying that about the colours. I had exactly the same situation with my ZVM. The white one was more expensive and more difficult to get hold of.

I think it comes down to these items often being used as a 'fashion statement'. You say the serial numbers are different but surely that comes down to the fact that the colours are different ?

JamieBee

Established Member
Quiddic is correct in saying that about the colours. I had exactly the same situation with my ZVM. The white one was more expensive and more difficult to get hold of.

I think it comes down to these items often being used as a 'fashion statement'. You say the serial numbers are different but surely that comes down to the fact that the colours are different ?

The description accompanying the white model says "it has a glossy black finish". Plus the 2gb white one is only £4 dearer than the 1gb white one. All a bit confusing.

JamieBee

Established Member
The only 4GB Plus model I see is this one for £88.23? :confused:

That is bizarre. It looks like they have changed the site since I posted that link. It was £77 and was being sold on Amazon by a company called Pyramid. I even have the email confirming the price. Will see what happens.

derekn

Established Member
Hi,

If it's of any interest, I recently bought a black&blue 4 Gb Zen V plus at John Lewis for £79.95 - the same price as they sell the black&green 2 Gb version. Their explanation was "price matching".

Regards,

JamieBee

Established Member
Hi,

If it's of any interest, I recently bought a black&blue 4 Gb Zen V plus at John Lewis for £79.95 - the same price as they sell the black&green 2 Gb version. Their explanation was "price matching".

Regards,

That sounds good to me. Hopefully thats what Pyramid are doing.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom