Creative Zen - Track order - Help !!!

Ian182

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Got a Creative Zen Xtra a couple of weeks ago.

Been very happy with it so far :) Until..............

Noticed this morning that a quite a lot of the albums I've copied to it are listing the tracks in alphabetical order, rather than the correct track order. Why is this, and how do I fix it ?
Windows Media has ripped them in the right order, and they appear in My Music directory in the right order. I've tried deleting them off the Zen, and copying them again, but again they appear in alphabetical order !
I've also tried upgrading the firmware, but thats made no difference either.

Is there a fix for this ? Checked the Nomad site, and could find no mention of this problem. Help !

Ian.

Kind of explains it, but...........

Even if I drag and drop them by track using Nomad Explorer, it still re-arranges them into alphabetical order.
Thought I had it sussed as Windows Media Sync copies them in the right track order, but fails to copy across anything with the same track name already on your Jukebox. Guess I could rename the tracks, but that might be a bit time consuming !!!

Any other ideas ?

Excuse my presumtious suggestion, but how are you viewing the tracks? Are you looking via "artist" or by "albums"? If it the former it will sort them alphabetically, but view them via the album search and they should be listed in the correct order. Sorry if I have stated the obvious.

I was about to ask the same exact question.. I want to play Amused to death by Roger Waters so click on the album and select "play now"- and the silly box of pap still plays it in alphabetical order - Nooooooooooo... track order please :( It's a narrative album...

I have not had this problem, plays "The Wall" fine. left at a loss really - cue much thoughtful chin scratching............... :confused:

when you ripped the tracks, leave the number in the tag

Hi,

Yep, done all the above.
Seems very hit and miss - about 50% of the albums I''ve copied to it are in the right track order, the other 50% are in alphabetical order....... :confused:

I can only assume its something to do with the CDs, or the copying process.

Using Windows Media Player to Sync the tracks with the Nomad works, so I'll use that method in future, BUT.............I've probably got about 60 or 70 albums in the wrong order now - looks like I'll have to delete them from the Nomad, and then re-sync them again to get them right. Media Player also doesn't like it if you've got a track with the same name on the Nomad, so might have to rename a shedload of tracks as well !

Oh well, you live and learn :)

Ian.

Windows Media Player definitely seems to be the answer.

Deleted about 60 albums off the Nomad last night, and then re-sync'ed
them using Windows Media with no problem at all. All in the right order,
and no problem with duplicate track names either.

Nightsoil - you might want to try this ?

Ian.

Ian182 said:
Windows Media Player definitely seems to be the answer.

Deleted about 60 albums off the Nomad last night, and then re-sync'ed
them using Windows Media with no problem at all. All in the right order,
and no problem with duplicate track names either.

Nightsoil - you might want to try this ?

Ian.

I'm going to try this now - I'll let you know the results..

:thumbsup:

Just re-synced "The final cut" all fine and dandy now - many thanks.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom