1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen Touch Vs NW HD5

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by dups45, Oct 30, 2005.

1. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Which one should i buy?

2. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    I have just bought a creative zen touch 20gig I am very impressed with it, I like the touch scroll function and the sound is very good.It has had a good review in what hifi to.Busy ripping my cd`s to wma. :thumbsup:

3. MartinH32

MartinH32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +296
    Purchased the HD5 yesterday - love it.!!

4. dups45

dups45
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the zen touch is large, and doesnt have as good battery life as the sony, but it has drag and drop facility and a scroll function

the only reason i am really considering the sony is the battery life, so i have a few questions if anyone can answer them
    -can you charge both of them via A/C adapter or USB (i will need A/C when i goto prague and hospital)
    -what is the actual batery life for the players, not the one the manufacturer says, but what do you people actually get
    -is sonic stage THAT bad?!?!

5. thekingbeyond

thekingbeyond

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +292
    The zen touch can be charged from usb or a/c and the mains adaptor is 100 to 240 volts and should work abroad. The quoted battery life is 24-32 hrs, i would imagine you will get around 16hrs of normal use using the various controls and menu system.Mine was used for 4 days in the car with out charging hence 16hrs estimate. I did see a review that said it lasted 20hrs in continuos play mode, with out touching the controls or the display light coming on.The zen can also be used for data storage but it wont be recognized as an external drive

6. Sasso

Sasso

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The HD5 can, not sure about the zen but i would assume so.

It depends on alot of things. What bitrate of music you are listening to, what mode you are listening to, how often you fiddle around with the controls and turn the backlight and hard drive on. Probably the temperature too. It will be less than stated by company as that is measured lowest bitrate (sony) continuous playback without touching it, plus its prolly rounded up.

NO.

I would go for the HD5. As far as i'm aware, the zen touch cant be used as an external hard drive, what a waste.

7. alike

alike

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The biggest difference between the hd5 and the zen touch is the size. Are you gonna be travelling around with it in your pocket (also I'm not sure wether the zen is remote compatable)? I was gonna buy a zen touch but in the end decided to go for the smallest player on the market (at that time), the hd3. I love my hd3 and from what I've heard and read, the Hd5 is a good update