1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen to Hi-Fi

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Sara, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Sara

Sara

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I'm trying to connect my Creative Zen MP3 player to my hi-fi. The Zen has a USB 2.0 and headphone socket only, and the hi-fi (JVC UX-S77) has a scart plus the usual. Are there any leads that I can buy to make the MP3 work through my hi-fi. Greatful for any info.

Frustrated Music Lover :rolleyes:

2. dataloss

dataloss

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    My guess is would be a 3.5 Headphone jack to 2 phono lead (Red,White), thats what I have to plug my ibook and mp3 players into my hi-fi, should be easy to find in any high street electrical store. speaking of which JVC make very good quality cables.

3. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hiya,

Yep - thats definitely the cable you need - they're not very expensive, and readily available from any electrical or hi-fi shop.
    I hooked mine up that way last week - a word of warning, you might need to turn the volume on your hi-fi right up to hear anything !!

Remember to turn it down again afterwards, or you'll scare the neighbours :)

Ian.

4. Zigster

Zigster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cambridge Audio do a version of their Atlantic cable (£9.99 from Richer Sounds) which does the job. I use that to connect my iPod up to the kitchen micro system for parties.

5. nictry

nictry

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597