Creative Zen Micro V Mini I-Pod

gerbilly

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Had a chance to listen and use a Zen Micro today. Compared to the pod it wasnt very resposive and seemed to lack when changing tracks while it was instant on the mini.
Connected a pair of computer speakers to both and listened to the same track (Zepplin - When the levee breaks). I wasnt expecting the Pod to be as good as I didnt have my dock with me, but to be honest it sounde better than the micro.
Still to listen to the Sony HD5 which obviously has 4 times the capacity but I have still not heard anything better than mine and with 18 hours battery I can't complain.

I found the reverse. Zen micro (though unstable - I had a VERY early one!) sounded a lot better than iPod Mini.

I thought both had their advantages and disadvantages, but the ZM could deliver as good a sound as the iPod Mini, with the further advantage of a working (and customisable) EQ. It's limited power made it slightly less versatile than the Mini for hooking up to decent phones but I liked the Micro. Unfortunately I had battery issues and got rid of the player after a short while.

I understand though that recent versions of the Micro ramped up the amp power at the expense of audio quality.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom