1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen Micro V Mini I-Pod

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by gerbilly, Jul 7, 2005.

1. gerbilly

gerbilly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +94
    Had a chance to listen and use a Zen Micro today. Compared to the pod it wasnt very resposive and seemed to lack when changing tracks while it was instant on the mini.
    Connected a pair of computer speakers to both and listened to the same track (Zepplin - When the levee breaks). I wasnt expecting the Pod to be as good as I didnt have my dock with me, but to be honest it sounde better than the micro.
    Still to listen to the Sony HD5 which obviously has 4 times the capacity but I have still not heard anything better than mine and with 18 hours battery I can't complain.

2. shadowritten

shadowritten

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I found the reverse. Zen micro (though unstable - I had a VERY early one!) sounded a lot better than iPod Mini.

3. extremelydodgy

extremelydodgy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +61
    I thought both had their advantages and disadvantages, but the ZM could deliver as good a sound as the iPod Mini, with the further advantage of a working (and customisable) EQ. It's limited power made it slightly less versatile than the Mini for hooking up to decent phones but I liked the Micro. Unfortunately I had battery issues and got rid of the player after a short while.

I understand though that recent versions of the Micro ramped up the amp power at the expense of audio quality.