Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Creative Zen Jukebox 60gb Vs IRiver H140

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by realslimcookie, Jan 18, 2005.

1. realslimcookie

realslimcookie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I am stuck between the two mentioned mp3 players as to which is the one to buy. They seem to be similar in price. Are Creative zen players any good, is the IRiver H140 anygood. My main motivation for purchasing an mp3 player is storage of my current/future cd collection to play through my amplifier. Any advice would be greatfully received.

Cheers.

2. Pecker

Pecker
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Huddersfield, People's Republic of Yorkshire
    Ratings:
    +4,483
    Not bumped into the IRiver, so I can't comment.

I have the Zen 60GB.

I love it.

If there's a problem related to playing through you're hi-fi, it's that there's no 'line out'.

You can, of course, hoof up a jack to the headphone out. As long as you set the volume at the right level, you should have no problems.

As far as storage is concerned, I have a huge CD collection, and storage is not an issue with the 60GB memory.

Steve W

3. M.Bearne

M.Bearne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have just bought the Iriver IHP120 which is the 20gb version, absolutely brilliant, as I don't have a computer at present this is the best player as it can record both in analogue and in digital and also very important for me output the signal also in digital, I think this is probably the only player that can do both in and out in digital. Recordings taken from a cd or dvd player (music) and played through good quality headphones such as PX100 is excellent, but when sent digitally through the hifi system into a dac results are brilliant. Player takes a day or two to get use to, but after that easy to use. Check the web site for the latest software which I think is 1.63, as this allows you to delete a file on the player and also some other benefits. Buy the Iriver you won't be dissappointed.

4. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,431
    I also have the iRiver iHP-120. I bought this because to my ears it had the best sound quality of all the MP3 players.
    It also, as already mentioned, has the best connectivity. Onboard it has line in & out, optical in & out plus headphone out and USB2.0 so you have just about all the possible options for connecting to your HiFi/AV system.

Mark.