• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creative Zen - Gorgeous new Slim PMP!

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
I posted this in the MP3 forums, however given that this can be seen as a silm PMP I thought it would be worth posting here too.

Creative have announced the Zen, that's it no model number or name, just the Zen. It seems like Creative have a lot riding on this little beauty judging by the name. It looks like they are also pre-empting Apple's rumoured announcement of a widescreen iPod Nano next week, as this player looks gorgeous imo. The fact that this is Creative's first device to support AAC-encoded songs will also rub salt in the wounds.

This is a flash based player and its form factor will appeal to many. Here's some of its main features:

Dimensions: 8.3 x 5.5 x 1.2cm
Flash storage: 4, 8 or 16GB (more memory can be added through SDHC slot)
Codec support: AAC, MP3, WMA and WMA DRM, MPEG 4, WMV, DivX video and JPEG photos
Screen: 2.5in, 16.7m-colour screen
FM Tuner
Microphone
Battery life: Five hours' video playback or 25 hours' music listening.
Price: £100 for the 4GB model; £140 for the 8GB version. The 16GB player's price has yet to be set.

Piccy 1

Piccy 2

The 16GB version has been reviewed at Popular Mechanics here.

The offical Creative Zen site is here.

This seems like a beauty of a player and the fact that it supports divx is a big plus point in my books. Although, anyone would be silly to buy until hearing what Apple have to say on 5th September.

FrankS

Established Member
Looks like the solid state media players are here, it will be interesting to see how this compares with the Archos generation 5 series which have just been launched.

With the price of SDHC cards coming down these start to be an attractive alternative to HDD PMP's.

Tejstar

Distinguished Member
It was the comparison to Archos' fifth gen players that made me think if posting it here. They certainly seem like exciting little players, I can't wait to see how they compare to Apple's new products expected to be announced next week.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom