1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Zen Extra Volume Cap

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Moosemeister, Mar 28, 2005.

1. Moosemeister

Moosemeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a 40Gb Creative Zen Extra & find that the volume cap (imposed in Europe due to EEC legislation apparently) means that I cannot hear the music eg when listening on a plane.

I have noticed methods of lifting the cap eg on Sony MP3 players, but is there a way of lifting the cap on the Zen Extra?

2. Mylo

Mylo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +372
    My 30Gb worked fine on flights to and from Scotland, all i could here was lovely loud music and no one complained. The limit does seem reasonably low, but not low enough to cause a problem.

3. Ian182

Ian182

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +100
    Hiya,

Have you tried a firmware update ?
    Available from http://www.nomadworld.com and really easy to do.......

I updated my firmware for a different reason, and I'm sure the volume got louder, which was a bonus :thumbsup:

Ian.

4. Stewtheking

Stewtheking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't understand this....
    WIth the right pair of headphones (i use sennheiser mx500's) it find it possible to get my creative player up to painfully loud. Why do people seem to want to take it any louder?!?!
    I pity your eardrums... and anybody who meets you late in life, when your ears pack up totally and you become a shouty old loon!
    Or is that a tad harsh?... meh!

Stew

5. dognuts

dognuts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    i find the volume fine on the headphones but when i connect it to my Denon amp the volume level is ridiculously low.i have to crank the amp up to levels that would blow my ears out with any other input.anyone else have this problem and anyone know any fixes?

6. Stewtheking

Stewtheking

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What about trying to include one of these headphone amp jobbies that they are fitting into altoids tins? Somebody told me about them the other day, and they look super super cool. Worth 20 notes of anybody's money and if done right would dramatically improve your volume!

http://tangentsoft.net/audio/cmoy-tutorial/

Stewthenobodywillreadthisbecauseit'sclearlyadeadthread

7. nal

nal
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Done it myself some time back, go to the american site (nomadworld) and update your firmware. America is not governed by EU law.

nal

8. jazzdrummers

jazzdrummers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

I tried to do this, but it failed I think because I could not restart the player in rescue mode. The page says to put a pin into the reset botton at the same time as holding down the play key on the player. I did this but each time it would just restart in normal mode and not in the rescue mode. Do you have any idea how I can restart it in rescue mode so that I can errase the old firmware? If so please help. I am using my player for spinning and I am tired of the fact that each time I have to plug it into a stereo I have the crank up the volume insanely high on the amplifier. I would love to boost the volume on the player if at all possible so that it would work better with any amplifying system. :lease:

Thank you in advance

-Jens