Creative Zen 60gb MP3 Player ? ? ?

route666

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi there
I'm thinkin of getting one, just interested in what they're like?
Is the software any good? Is it easier to use than iTunes cos I find that restrictive and confusing!

Ta

I assume you are talking about the Zen Vision: M?

I have the 30GB and it is excellent. Easy to transfer music, I do it via drag and drop but you can use WMP10/11 to synch your music, and add covers etc.

A very flexibile player where you can use WMP11, MediaMonkey or drag and drop on Windows Explorer to trasnfer songs. Recommended. :)

thanks for your help guys,
can you make playlists?

cheers

thanks alot folks, I've ordered mine! should be getting it 2mora...

:thumbsup:

thanks again

Good stuff, remember to download the US firmware to get higher volumes! :)

Good stuff, remember to download the US firmware to get higher volumes! :)

Errr, say what? I haven't installed any firmware yet, partly because there is nothing that needs improving on my 30Gb Zen Vision (well, apart from the pathetic battery life)

So the US update will mean it will go louder? Not entirely convinced it needs it. If I listened to it at volumes any higher than 19/20 I think I'd go deaf :D

How so? I can play music for minimum of 12 hours easy, and video for 4 hours

Well I used to have a Zen Touch with a battery life of over 20 hours off one charge, so using the Zen Vision is a pain. I have to charge it 2-3 times a week as opposed to once. Not much to whinge about I guess, but it still annoys me

the battery life in my old sony nw-hd3 was pretty impressive, i only charged that once a week to begin with, i must have totally burned it out though cos i keep having to charge it every other day now lol

Errr, say what? I haven't installed any firmware yet, partly because there is nothing that needs improving on my 30Gb Zen Vision (well, apart from the pathetic battery life)

So the US update will mean it will go louder? Not entirely convinced it needs it. If I listened to it at volumes any higher than 19/20 I think I'd go deaf :D
I listen to mine on the tube and it just was not loud enough with the standard EU firmware!

I've got mine now!

Do you have to give it a full charge before putting music on it?

I've put all the software on my laptop and my desktop pc, but neither will show the player as being connected.

And the little blue light on the actual player is flashing.

Thanks

scratch that last post, everything's ok, i'm currently busy uploading my 9000-strong song collection!

I agree, I bought mine early last year and have since not seen anything that would make me want to change.

how do you get the album artwork on to it?

thanks!

I personally use amazon and save the image to my computer. You can also drag straight from your web browser instead of saving it.

After you've save the image to your computer, you then drag and drop it right onto that CD/Musical note icon inside Zen Explorer. You will hear the Vision:M's hard drive processing and your album art will show up in place of the musical note icon.

christ, that'll take me ages to get all the artwork i need lol

its a shame that the software doesnt contact the internet and try and fil in the artwork itself, but never mind!

thanks

cheers i'll check that out later

I personally use amazon and save the image to my computer. You can also drag straight from your web browser instead of saving it.

After you've save the image to your computer, you then drag and drop it right onto that CD/Musical note icon inside Zen Explorer. You will hear the Vision:M's hard drive processing and your album art will show up in place of the musical note icon.

Can you explain this more clearly please :)

Is it ZEN Vision:M Series Media Explorer you mean, which icon, and is there one for every folder/album?

I have put on a lot of music which I then delete of my PC (own the CD so no need) so it is not synched, and you can't seem to put album art on those. So what I had to do is copy them to my PC/copy to the Zen's Music Library, assign album art with Zen MediaSource Organiser 5, then copy it back over. Am I doing this right, or is there a quciker way?

Thanks!

That seems fine ash, it's basically the same as what I was suggesting. However, for bigger libraries the software I mentioned is probably your best bet.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom