• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creative x-fi cables ?

bu5ter

Established Member
looks like a bunch of 3.5mm to 2 RCA cables except for the sub centre one which has a 3rd connection?

Should be able to do this manually if you cant get the cable.

domlof

Standard Member
Do you need the full 7.1 output from the X-fi?

If you only need 5.1 (which is what I use) then standard 3.5 stereo plug to twin phonos will work. You'll need 3 of those :

1 for the front pair
1 for the back pair
and 1 for center/sub

mcmad

Established Member
thanks for the help guys,

its a 5.1 setup, Ive seen some twin cables about, will get some of them

TallPaul

Established Member
mcmad said:
thanks for the help guys,

its a 5.1 setup, Ive seen some twin cables about, will get some of them

I bought one of these the other week, but had issues using the Audigy 4 I had in the mini-PC I have in the lounge so am about to send it back.

PM me if you are interested, £10 and the postage and its yours... (never used, still with original creative cable tie on!).

Was going to post it back to Creative store otherwise.

Paul.

EDIT Note: Just noticed (a) creative store are in stock (b) you only have 5.1, you can just buy 3x 3.5mm to Phono cables from Maplin or the like, however I found this was more expensive than the creative cable when I looked hence my choice.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom