creative vs logitech

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by bogdant, Sep 10, 2007.

1. bogdant

bogdant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hello people !!!:thumbsup:
    i need know your opinion about creative t6060
    and logitech x540

and what is better for movies and gaming
    ???

2. bogdant

bogdant

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    someone?

3. insomniak123

insomniak123

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +370
    i've got the creative t7700 setup and it sounds good to me (7.1 gaming) :smashin:

no experience of logitech though sorry

4. LaRocK

LaRocK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Yo

I do not have experience of the specific models you are looking at, but can certainly advise on PC speaker packages for movies.
    I have had the Creative Megaworks (Cambridge Soundworks) 550THX setup running off my media PC in my living room and it's very good. However it has recently developed a fault in the silly wired remote control that comes with it, and brings an annoying intermittent sound loss when watching movies through my PC. I contacted Creative (who were absolutley appauling as far as customer service goes) and got a reply about a month later saying that because the speakers were an old model (lol, 2 years) they no longer supplied replacement remote controls for it. After a big row with one of their so called customer service managers and no suitable end in sight other than them saying "you can buy a new speaker package from us". Yup a new £350 speaker package when all I need is a simple wired remote, they never even offered to repair it. I vowed never to buy Creative again. So I am going for the Logitech z-5500, why? Well yes I hear it's a bit bass heavy and the sub is enormous, Logitech however are a company (in my experience) with 100% spot on customer service. I game competitively and have had several G5 mouse replacements from them. They are so much better to deal with than Creative and thats why I am switching to them (Also the fact that the z-5500 in the main gets great write ups). So, unless you get a Creative system with no faults and are willing to put up with awfull aftersales service, then it's Logitech all the way.