Creative T1600 Inspire, PC Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyInWeston

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello There, I own a 5.1 surround sound speaker system (make/model in title) and i am so certian its all plugged in the right places on my PC's sound card (orange to orange, green to green and black to black) - however every time i turn on my PC, it keeps registering it as "Headphones" and i only have one headphone jack on my PC and its certianly not plugged into that - so everytime i listen to my music, i have to manually change it to "5.1 Surround Sound" in the sounds and audio settings, thing is when i click apply it accepts untill i restart PC and its under headphones again, this is now getting annoying and is there a way to make it default under 5.1?? - i also have a sound effects manager from RealTek (came with PC) and that doesnt help either.

cheers in advance for your help :)

Hi,

Not sure why you posted this in the 'subwoofer' forum but I'll have a go. :)

It obviously isn't a connection issue, I would suggest checking for updated drivers and filaing that check you have the sound chip (assuming it is onboard) activated.

Other than that try the PC Soundcard forum :hiya:

Adam

apologies i didnt actually see this forum at first lol

anyhow, ive tried updating my realtek high definition audio drivers using the driver update wizard, got 2 problems now, the current one and now saying have an illegal DLL saying something had been relocated in the system32 - hhdrt i think it was, cant remember i'll post it next time i turn pc on

eurgh, dont ask how, but its fixed, i guess it was a spware related thing, bloody things, just done a scan with the new AVG 8.0 and its now correctly detecting my speakers :D

guess this thread can be closed now :smashin:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom