Creative SXFI Carrier Soundbar Review & Comments

Thanks for the review 👍🏼 HDMI 2.1 is a nice little addition, one of the first soundbars I’ve seen with that. I would throw in the JBL 9.1 as an alternative too, similar price with those wireless rears too.

Last edited:
Nice review, seems decent for the price but a shame you can't add a pair of surrounds, that would definitely stop me purchasing. One correction, the Sonos full set up provides 5.1.2 (or 5.2.2), but not 7.1.2.

Last edited:
Nice review, seems decent for the price but a shame you can't add a pair of surrounds, that would definitely stop me purchasing. One correction, the Sonos full set up provides 5.1.2 (or 5.2.2), but not 7.1.2.
Thanks, I meant to type 5.1.2. I'll correct it now.

Wow never thought i would see a Creative product under a TV they must be branching out into other areas of the market.

Seem's like a good start reading your review.

Does anyone else pronounce SXFI as "Sex-Fi" in their head?

Nice to see a soundbar manufacturer giving us more than one HDMI input and HDR10 + pass through as well

Creative actually released in Asia a full on weird looking atmos soundbar about 3 years ago that was using the carrier name as well , it was a heavy duty jobbie about the ambeo in size and cost from memory about $5000, got very good press but never made it over here.

Creative actually released in Asia a full on weird looking atmos soundbar about 3 years ago that was using the carrier name as well , it was a heavy duty jobbie about the ambeo in size and cost from memory about $5000, got very good press but never made it over here.
Not surprised, would you buy a five grand Creative soundbar?

Not surprised, would you buy a five grand Creative soundbar?
nope , but who would have thought sennheiser would release a top end soundbar for 2k plus.

Wow never thought i would see a Creative product under a TV they must be branching out into other areas of the market.

Seem's like a good start reading your review.
My first DVD and surround system in about 98/99 was a Creative DXr2 card inside my PC and Creative Soundworks 5.1 speakers all plugged into the old Trinitron. Don’t think I was alone in using PC speakers because stand alone players and surround AVRs were really expensive and that was the best entry level option.

My first DVD and surround system in about 98/99 was a Creative DXr2 card inside my PC and Creative Soundworks 5.1 speakers all plugged into the old Trinitron. Don’t think I was alone in using PC speakers because stand alone players and surround AVRs were really expensive and that was the best entry level option.
Same here, mine came with 1 dvd I think it was the witches of eastwick. Hooked up to 25” CRT :) fondly remembered.

Yeah i remember those also but this seem's mainly focused on the home cinema tv market. had many of there sound cards in the past and the odd set of speakers.

You're not going to believe this, but that is how it's pronounced!

Huh.

I guess they're going for online sales only then?
Because I'm not sure who is going into John Lewis or Currys and asking for the latest sex-fi kit.

Great review, thanks for taking the time. Stupid question if I can? Would this work with a projector setup? I am trying to set up a "cinema room" for the kids and am wondering what type of setup to go for? Using an Optoma projector but haven't worked out how the audio is going to work. Don't what to go nuts with cost with equipment that will be accessible to inquisitive little people. New to this forum so any help/guidance/recommendations gladly welcome. Cheers - Dave...

Great review, thanks for taking the time. Stupid question if I can? Would this work with a projector setup? I am trying to set up a "cinema room" for the kids and am wondering what type of setup to go for? Using an Optoma projector but haven't worked out how the audio is going to work. Don't what to go nuts with cost with equipment that will be accessible to inquisitive little people. New to this forum so any help/guidance/recommendations gladly welcome. Cheers - Dave...
Main issue with a sound bar and a projector is where to plug in your stuff. Most soundbars, like this one, only have a couple of inputs. If using a TV, it’s not a problem as they assume you plug all the kit into the TV and use one cable back to the soundbar. That‘s more difficult with a projector where it is at the back of the room and the sound bar is at the front, and most projectors don’t have that many inputs either. If you only want to hook up two devices, no problem, but add another console or Apple TV or similar, you then have to look at messy HDMI switches, and it becomes hard for the family to use.

Also just personal preference, but I would want real rear surround speakers, especially if you have a dedictated room with space for them, so probably wouldn’t go for this particular model anyway.

To reiterate the previous post, if you're planning to build a cinema room with a projector then I'd go for a 5.1.2-channel receiver like the Denon AVR-X2700H (£679). You'll obviously need to buy speakers as well, but the Focal Sib Evo 5.1.2 package at £699 will do the job nicely. The outlay is obviously more but the performance will be significantly better, plus the addition of rear speakers makes a massive difference. Trust me, once you've got the room set up properly, the kids won't get a look in!

I have TEATHERs and I fell in love with them from when I heard the SXFI sound. It's like going from 2D to 3D !! It is a sound that seems not to come from the headphones, but from the room. The feeling of having a home cinema in your head is brutal!

I have on my desk a 2.1 system with Klispch R15PM speakers and a Klipsch R-110SW Subwoofer connected to my AE-9 SoundBlaster. The sound is excellent, but I can't have DOLBY ATMOS like this and since I have the desk I can't have speakers behind me. So the best option if I decide to replace my Klipsch is the SXFI CARRIER with which I would have DOLBY ATMOS and go from a 300w sound system to another 450w. The bad thing is that I would have to sell the 2.1 system and also with the SXFI CARRIER the AE-9 would not be necessary, right?

What would you do in my place?

It seems that a lot of audiophile people comment that this SXFI CARRIER is one of the best if not the best. It also comes with the gift of the SXFI TEATHER, which for me are the headphones that have the closest sound to the cinema.
I bought it and it will arrive in a few days.

Tengo unos auriculares SXFi Air C y me encanta. Siempre está en el modo SXFi y en mi cabeza siempre está: Sexy Fi:)

It is brutal! Creative has done great with its SXFI, because it has happened to me with the TEATHER that I have believed more than once when I heard the sound from outside my speakers !!!

It seems that a lot of audiophile people comment that this SXFI CARRIER is one of the best if not the best. It also comes with the gift of the SXFI TEATHER, which for me are the headphones that have the closest sound to the cinema.
I bought it and it will arrive in a few days.

Did you end up getting the Carrier? If so, what was your experience with it?

Did you end up getting the Carrier? If so, what was your experience with it?
Unbeatable!
I have the SXFI CARRIER under my PC monitor and it's overwhelming how PC games sound, all of them, but the ones that support Dolby Atmos (for example: Shadow of The tomb raider, last 3 COD's, GEARS 5, etc) still sound better .
The sound for Dolby Atmos is output by HDMI 1 or 2 from the graphics card to the CARRIER.
When I play I leave it at about 14/15 volume.
And in addition to the fact that the bar has an excellent sound due to its 7 speakers (36w each speaker) I must say that the sound of the subwoofer is AWESOME!
The bass sounds amazing whether it's gaming or movies.
And they also give you the SXFI TEATHER (the best speakers for games in case SXFI SPECTACULAR) that you hegemony feel the cinema at home and that are worth €159 on offer or €199 without it.
One of the best purchases of my life!!!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom