1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative Rhomba Vs Benq Joybee

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by RichB14, Dec 10, 2003.

1. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The other half want's an MP3/Radio for use on the train every day I was thinking of one of these for her.
    It has to have a radio as that is what she will mainly use and these are the only ones that i can seem to find in the £100 price bracket.
    Does anyone or has anyone owned either of these units or do you know of a better one.
    It must be quite small other wise she won't use it.
    Also whats the best price you have seen either of these for, i know amazon are doing the Rhomba for £109.

2. RiskyLuca

RiskyLuca

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    TheBorg
    I can't comment on the Creative Rhomba as I've not used it, however I've just bought the BenQ Joybee 120 for my daughter's birthday and it's absolutely fantastic. It's the most stylish piece of hardware I've seen in a long time. With something this small you'd think it was flimsy, but on the contrary it feels wonderfully solid in the hand, round your neck (with the attached 'neck strap') or on the beltclip. Sounds great too - I'm listening to Coldplay's 'In My Place' while I'm typing - fantastic. You've got 7 different equaliser presets and you do need to use them for different types of music to get the best out of it. It comes with an excellent array of accessories - neck strap as already mentioned - this clips to the player nicely and is the best way of carrying it around. Beltclip, carrybag, charger, cd-rom manual and software and of course the necessary headphones, usb etc. Other features include the radio - although only FM unfortunately, so I'll not be pinching it for the sport on 5 live. Voice & radio recording, and it can be used as a usb flash drive. An absolute bargain for under a £100.
    They say ladies like presents that come in small boxes. Well you'll be in the 'good books' I reckon with this little jewel.;)

3. RichB14

RichB14

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Thanks,
    I was pretty sure the Benq was the one to get, nice to get an independent opinion on one though.:smashin: