Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Sound Card + Logitech Z-5500 5.1

Xbox360_Junkie

Standard Member
Hiya guys

To begin with, I think Im almost certain that Im posting this thread in the complete wrong place, however, there was no section dedicated to PC sound cards and accompanying issues. Therefore, I do appologise. Right, moving on: I am interested in purchasing the following PC sound card:

Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Music Sound Card
http://www.creative.com/products/product.asp?category=1&subcategory=208&product=14066&nav=0

What I would like to know Is: Will I be able to run my Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1. Surround Sound Speakers through this sound card? Within the Sound Cards specification I have been made aware that It does feature 3 individual line outputs. This would accomodate nicely for a cable that came supplied with my Logitech Speakers. However, within the Sound Cards description etc, Creative only ever seem to mention 7.1 surround speakers. And because my Logitech Z-5500 setup is only 5.1, I was unsure on whether thw two components would be compatible.

After taking some time to look over my Logitech Z-5500 speaker instructions, It does state that I can connect the system to 6 channel PC Sound Cards via a 6 channel direct connection and the cable I briefly spoke about earlier on within this thread.

I would appreciate any feedback In regard to this matter

Many thanks

Knyght_byte

Novice Member
shouldnt be a problem connecting......if it could connect to the Audigy range of cards it can connect to the X-Fi's, the connectivity hasnt really changed, just the chippery onboard........also creative still make new 5.1 packages themselves so cant see them making a soundcard incompatible with the speakers they sell...heh....yes i know you are using Logitech, but they pretty much know that most people have a Creative soundcard so they work in conjunction to ensure their products are sellable...

however i would, if you are a PC gamer as well as a X-Box gamer, consider the Gamer version of the card to get the onboard 64Mb Ram, this is going to be used now with games due out towards the end of this year (and indeed a couple i think already released have been patched to take advantage of it), this means less system RAM and CPU time being needed for sound, the soundcard can handle pretty much everything itself.....and we all know just how much it can matter saving every ounce of proc and mem for the game when you play competitively..lol

edit, btw if you check the Creative website there is a section where you can view online manuals etc...probably in the knowledgebase, there it will tell you exactly how you need to connect speakers up and you can work out if your Logi's will do it fine

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom