Creative Inspire 6.1 surround speakers to laptop

nickygrist

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi Just purchased Samsung R610 Laptop and would love to connect my Creative Inspire 6.1 surround speakers, they have 3 x3.5mm jacks for front, rear and center but my laptop only has headphone socket.................Is there away round this looking on ebay there is a 3.5mm jack connector that splits into 2, that still leaves one more to connect, Anyone got any ideas..... Is there a simple solution.:lease:

Last edited:
You can get some cheap 5.1 or 7.1 USB Sound Blaster.
Your speakers will upmix from 5.1 to 6.1 or downmix from 7.1 to 6.1. depending what input you will have. (There is an upmix button on the back of the woofer if I am not mistaken...)

The 6.1 standard did not really settle in but there is nothing wrong with it.
I'd say get 5.1 card like e.g. this: Live 24! bit - it aint bad and costs peanuts if you shop around. The image below does not show them but there are jacks for 5.1 analog speakars on the side of this small silver box that goes between your lappy and the speakers
10702_1.png

Last edited:
You can get some cheap 5.1 or 7.1 USB Sound Blaster.
Your speakers will upmix from 5.1 to 6.1 or downmix from 7.1 to 6.1. depending what input you will have. (There is an upmix button on the back of the woofer if I am not mistaken...)

The 6.1 standard did not really settle in but there is nothing wrong with it.
I'd say get 5.1 card like e.g. this: Live 24! bit - it aint bad and costs peanuts if you shop around. The image below does not show them but there are jacks for 5.1 analog speakars on the side of this small silver box that goes between your lappy and the speakers
10702_1.png

Thanks Been looking at these on ebay cheer's

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom