Creative GigaWorks T20

A

alex3867

now its seems to me they're pretty much PC designed speakers but I was wondering if anyones heard/owns a set and if there's anything much to say for them. I'm considering them on a basic DVD player for a small minor set-up (anything better than mono TV speakers!). Plus it would be great if anyone knows dimensions I can't seem to find what size they are anywhere!
Any help much appreciated :)
Thanks
Alex

havnt heard that particular set, normally Creatives speakers are middling to decent for the money.....mostly about volume and bang, music performance will be passable (as in midi hifi standard)........for movies/games they should be ok for the money....

for dimension try the creative website itself, i'd be surprised if they dont provide them there...if not do a search for the model name on various search engines but make sure to put 'pdf' at the end, with a bit of luck it'll come up with the instruction manual which should state sizes...

Good as thread as any :p

Spent 3 hours building my first DIY desk and then took the opportunity to rearrange my room yesterday :p (Yes, it really took 3 hours)

~Jeff Buckley - Hallelujah ~ (Probably the best cover of all time)
RSA Tomahawk + Audio Technica ESW9 vs Creative T20 speakers
(both out of Edirol UA-25 usb sound card)

Yes I know an unusual comparison given the price difference and it being headphone v speakers, but I have had the speakers packed away for 3 months and have forgotten what they are like :blush:

ESW9 touch more sibilant - but I think it adds to the sense of intimacy and the anguish and raw emotion in Jeff Buckley's voice. Treble also more airy and not as congested but the RSA has a hand in that. The piano notes seem a little blocky with the T20s. Greater tone with the ESW9s. ESW9 just keeps impressing me (although I need to listent to real speakers
biggrin.gif
)

At this moment in time playing Stevie Wonder - Songs in the key of Life. Bass seems a touch boomy

However overall very happy that they only cost me £35 (rebate last summer)

I have T20´s and have problems with them. Seems that some pieces have high whining noise which is really irritating and Creative´s customer service has not been really helpful in this case.

Here´s the relevant thread in Creative's Forums. clicky

So I decided to trash them and get myself pair of new Genelec 6010A´s :D. Don´t have to suffer anymore for poor manufacturing. :smashin:

I have T20´s and have problems with them. Seems that some pieces have high whining noise which is really irritating and Creative´s customer service has not been really helpful in this case.

Here´s the relevant thread in Creative's Forums. clicky

So I decided to trash them and get myself pair of new Genelec 6010A´s :D. Don´t have to suffer anymore for poor manufacturing. :smashin:

I have had two sets of these and both of them had a high pitched whining noise from them, not very good considering they aren't the cheapest set around!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom