• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creative Gigaworks S750 Amplifier replacement?

Orbitall

Standard Member
I have recently purchased a new stereo system powerwed by a PA amplifier! My old S750 sub is sitting in the corner of the room vacant! This system blew up a few years back, just after waranty :(. I looked into what broke and found it to be 1 of 3 STA575 semiconductor chip fried on the active amp within the sub! I believe that this sub driver has three coils powering it so this disabled one of them and made nasty sound! I have recently found a place that sells these chips, although im no soldering king!

Question is- How should i go about powering the 210W RMS sub? Should i replace the broken chip? Get professional to replace broken chip? Or should i rip out active amp and finding blanking plate, rewire to PA amplifier?

Secondly if i did manage to power active amp seperatly to PA amp, would the audio output channels on my 5.1 sound card on PC match each other well (Sub channel and standard line out)?

I still want low frequencies to reach my floorstanders (PA amp)!

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom