Creative Audio?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by foxmeister, Aug 11, 2013.

1. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Has anybody any experience of either of these shops online

Creative Audio (Shrewsbury Based)
    Audio Express (Online arm of shop above)

They have some great deal prices on equipment that i happened to stumble upon when searching for other things, but think it strange that i havent seen a recommendation of them before if they are that good with prices etc?

Just want to check there isn't a scam involved, but it has areas on the site where it shows a shop and you can go in person instead of online order, so seems legit!:confused:

EDIT- Just found there website, i couldnt find them via google but a bit more digging turned up a genuine site so look kosher, still interested in opinions on them?

Also, would Richer Sounds price match with them, anybody tried?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  2. Don Dadda

Don Dadda

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +728
    had no dealings with either myself but i have seem them about the net and linked to by others for deals and prices so them seem legit.
    However, my concern is why have they got 2 slightly differently named sites as both have the same contact details - address, phone number and email.
    I find that odd.

If you are anywhere close then you can pay them a visit and find out just how kosher they are.

Richersounds will price match anyone but they have a criteria to be met.

Richer Sounds - Price beat

Some items, such as tv's, will only be price matched if a 5 year warranty is included in the price on that particular site.

3. wacko-jacko

wacko-jacko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Richer Sounds price matched against a Yammy amp.. Happy days 😎

4. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Yep, found that having 2 sites for the same co a bit strange.

Not close unfortunately being from sunny Scotland but a good deal on some Dali Zensor 1's or 3's with Yamaha AS500 has me interested, gonna ask if RS will match them at over a ton off difference.

5. wacko-jacko

wacko-jacko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I think RS conditions say you have to be less that 30 miles away

6. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Sure they honor online deals aswell.....

Had a look, heres what they say;

If a product is not available to mail order then the retailer must have an outlet within 50 miles of the Richer Sounds store you are purchasing from.

• If a product can’t be collected locally the Price Beat must include next day P&P.

So this company can do next day delivery so all should be good, thanks for heads up though Wacko :smashin:

7. kbfern

kbfern
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,085
    I bought my current and previous projectors from them (4 & 5 years ago) I went to the shop on both occasions and had a demo prior to purchase. They have been in business for a few years now with a B&M store but I think they decided to do an online model as a separate entity rather than under the same flag.

I found them helpful and competitive the times I have had dealings with them.

8. MI55ION

MI55ION

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +686
    I've dealt with them once recently and they were great. The chap I spoke to over the phone was courteous and helpful, not pushy at all but then I guess he caught on that I knew my stuff so didn't try any of that sales bs. They even price beat the competetion, by a £100 no less. The item arrived next day as promised even though I placed the order late afternoon, from Shrewsbury to London, not bad I thought. I wasn't quite happy with the item so returned it within 7 days citing distance regs, they were prompt in issuing an RMA and the returns process was dealt with in a smooth and professional manner. Couldn't ask for more really, 10/10.

9. foxmeister

foxmeister

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Thanks for replies, now i know i can use them if need be.

10. fuel2000

fuel2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I had a demo at there shop some years ago, and they were great,they've been around for years.

11. peter312

peter312

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I bought a Yamaha surround amp and Wharfedale speaker package from them earlier this year. Fast delivery, excellent price and service. I highly recommend them.

Kind regards

12. dan1979

dan1979

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +218
    Never used but stumbled across the creative audio website years and year ago so bound to be legit.

13. Piscauk

Piscauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +530
    The shop has been there years, it's a decent place. Website certainly used to look chaotic but that is in real contrast to the brick and mortar store (maybe a converted chapel by the looks of it).

14. Pitcairn

Pitcairn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They don't sell the broadest range of equipment - some obvious omissions like Kef and B&W on the speaker side, but I highly recommend them. When my son needed his first hifi for uni (his own place not halls of residence!), we went there, even though it certainly wasn't the closest by any means (Son at Keele). Dealt with a guy called David Poole - great advice and incredibly knowledgeable and helpful. One of the best hifi shops I've ever seen.

15. gavinbullstag

gavinbullstag

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I can certainly recommend them, I bought a Blu ray player in September 2011 which was a painless exercise from their online shop and arrived quickly.

It however failed a few months later so called them to sort it out and their repair company fixed fairly promptly so no hassle there.

It then started to play up again which was very disappointing as it was a few hundred pounds and a decent brand (who's other equipment I've used since the mid 90's with not problems at all) so I called them to express my dissatisfaction.

They were helpful and sympathetic and we agreed I would drop them an email with the details and my history with the brand. They then made contact with the manufacturer who, after some pressure from Creative Audio, agreed to replace with a brand new design.

So I am very chuffed indeed with their support and wouldn't hesitate to use them again. I may even drive the x number of miles to have a nose around when the time comes.