• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creative Audigy and Denon 1906

skytra7

Standard Member
I connected my Creative Audigy 2 SE sound card to a Denon 1906.

I have changed a software setting in the computer which means that the soundcard now only outputs digital signals.

But when I do this the Denon flashes changing from analouge to digital and then showing "PCM : 96khz" on the front display.

I've never seen this before and I am worried if this is a safe thing to do or what.

also NEO:6 M setting has now changed to NEO 96K M... Same as 7ch stereo is now 7ch st96k...Can someone explain the whole "96" thing to me plz...

thx

Knyght_byte

Distinguished Member
if you only want to send a stereo digital signal to the amp then you can send 96Khz from an Audigy, i think (altho possibly the last revision was different from mine) tho if you want to send multichannel digital output you need to switch to 48Khz......basically because you cant send multichannel 96khz over a standard coax or optical connection...(basically DVD-A or SACD quality stuff) you need to use either analogue outputs (which means the soundcard does the decoding itself) or HDMI...which no sound cards have i believe....some have firewire but i dont think they output sound from it, only camcorder video etc...

The latest video from AVForums

JVC 4K projectors, Denon X3800 & Perlisten speaker reviews, adding a sub to 2-channel + AV/HiFi news
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom