Creative - An example of excellent customer service (Rant!)

tinners

So I bought a Creative USB TV tuner about 11 months ago from Amazon.
Link ---> here for £14.99

Anyway I lost the drive disk on my travels (used it for TV when away on business). Have now got my Slingbox working properly so was going to sell it.

Well I'll just download the drivers I thought. To cut a long story short, the drivers are unavailable online, the product isnt even listed on the site and the customer support response was
"I was able to check with our advanced support group, and they mentioned that the driver is no longer available for download. Buy they mentioned that they can send you an installation disc, but there will be a fee of £10.80, this includes VAT and shipping charges"

:suicide:

Anyone got this tuner or the disk for it ? Would save me chucking it in the bin......

That's shocking charging a fee :eek: Can they not be found elsewhere?

tinners

That's shocking charging a fee :eek: Can they not be found elsewhere?
Looked everywhere, cant find it. Looking at the original page on amazon seems like others have the same problem with the product being completely removed from the site:rolleyes:

graham.myers

Distinguished Member
Why would you expect to get drivers from amazon? Why not look on, or contact Creative for a set of drivers.

the £10.80 fee from amazon is probably to cover costs. Not condoning it but if I bought something from amazon, I wouldnt go to amazon for a rplacement driver.

or. Have I completely mis-read the thread and it was the creative people you've been talking to?

chrisowe

Why would you expect to get drivers from amazon? Why not look on, or contact Creative for a set of drivers.

the £10.80 fee from amazon is probably to cover costs. Not condoning it but if I bought something from amazon, I wouldnt go to amazon for a rplacement driver.

or. Have I completely mis-read the thread and it was the creative people you've been talking to?

I think he's talking about Creative, the clues in the thread title.:D It seems to be common practice for Creative to charge for driver disks.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom