1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creative 4.1 digital

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by zap, Jan 29, 2002.

1. zap

zap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi

I have installed this card into my setup to get DD & DTS, however I am not having much luck getting it working. The manual says that you have to enable the SPDIF in a setting somewhere, but where it tells you to go does not exist. I have spoken with a creative guy who could not help me over the phone but says he will email with help. I have played about further and got Power DVD to recognise that is using the card to output 5.1 but my amp is not getting the signal. I have used the front speaker output with a mono 3.5mm to phono converter and a coax lead to the amp. Has anyone got any ideas ?
    Cheers Paul

2. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,123
    I've got one of these in my desktop pc, so I had a look for you.

I found the switch for digital output in device manager (WinMe), go to 'sound video and game controllers', select creative soundblaster pci128 (wdm) and select properties.

under the settings tab, ther is an output selector. You can choose auto sense, analogue or digital. Try the digital.

HTH

Gary.

3. zap

zap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gary

This is where it says to look in the instructions, but in my version of ME it says that my priority is too low to access these menus.
    I have also downloaded the latest drivers and I now get DTS & DD through WinDVD but not through Power DVD which is the player I use.

Paul

4. Gary Lightfoot

Gary Lightfoot
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,123
    That sounds odd - I don't know whay you can't see what I can in device manager. That's Windows for ya I guess..

Does the vesrsion you have of PowerDVD support 5.1? I'm wondering if only version 4 or higher passes it OK.

Just a guess..

Gary.

5. zap

zap

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Gary

I do have version 4 of Power DVD so that should be O.K. I got in last night only to find that nothing will work again, I was getting windows sound through SPDIF but now nothing. I have spoken to Creative Technical but they could tell me nothing now I don;t know what to do.
    Paul