Creation finance.

IanW1977

Prominent Member
Reaction score
After trying to charge 15 pound fee on my car insurance for not collecting the direct debit (which hadn't been set up and thus fsa say they must wait x number of days). Now they have tried to charge me 8 pound on my new house Insurance policy admin fee when I didn't even take out the policy !

I mean come on I told my insurance company 3 weeks before renewal I had found somewhere cheaper and they couldn't match.

I get the feeling they aren't going to get anything apart from some harsh words.

or a direct debit cancellation......

It sohuld be cancelled immediatly, I doubt Ian would get anywhere with an insurance claim.

Tried to cancel dd through bank but it keeps crashing. Might have to call them

a quick google flags them up as less than savoury on MSE and CAG ......

Cancel it at the bank and let them contact you.

Haha yeah I can imagine. I can't cancel online as it's a request so I had to do it by phone costing me however much a minute.

I just find it astounding how they can just use my bank details again and help themselves to an Admin fee to cover an agreement that was never or would never had taken place.

Even worse when they tried to charge £15 for missed DD payment even though they are permitted under the DD guarantee not to take payment until x amount of days after the agreement has been agreed.

So how did this all come about? It reads like you didn't give them enough notice before auto-renewal kicked in which is standard on most insurance policies, and now they're kicking you in the nuts for it? Admin fees are standard on almost any insurance policy I've ever had and they're a con in my opinion, but we know they're there so can't really complain when we get charged one. The DD problem is an entirely different matter though and usually DDs don't go out until a month after the date you agreed to have the DD set up.
They do seem to have a bit of a bad reputation so I'd get rid of them as soon as you are able.

My Insurance is up 23rd. Had My renewal on 1st July ish so I contacted my Insurance company saying I had a better quote and they couldn't beat it and thus my Insurance would expire Monday.

Letter from Creation is dated 14th July but appeared yesterday.

So how did this all come about? It reads like you didn't give them enough notice before auto-renewal kicked in which is standard on most insurance policies, and now they're kicking you in the nuts for it? Admin fees are standard on almost any insurance policy I've ever had and they're a con in my opinion, but we know they're there so can't really complain when we get charged one. The DD problem is an entirely different matter though and usually DDs don't go out until a month after the date you agreed to have the DD set up.
They do seem to have a bit of a bad reputation so I'd get rid of them as soon as you are able.

most types of insurance dont have auto renewal such as home and car insurance, very very few have auto renewal

what you get is a renewal quote and you need to contact them to renew, if you havent and its close to renewal date they will phone you and try to get you to renew. If you dont phone them or they cant contact you they they wont renew

Last edited:
Every single car insurance policy I've had has had auto-renewal, so it obviously must depend on the company. They've always sent quotes, but still renewed at the end of the original term as detailed in the small print.
I don't deal with the house insurance so don't know about that one.

Creation finance obviously auto renew

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom