Creating your own ringtones

Bert Coules

Can anyone recommend a method for creating and installing your own ringtones, preferably by uploading to a website and then downloading
directly to your phone, which works in the UK?

I've found sites and programs which offer this service, including Phonezoo and MonkeyBongo (which latter seems to claim to be OK for the UK) but can't get either to function with my internet-enabled Samsung C300 on Vodafone PAYG.

Any help and advice would be gatefully received. Thanks.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Autopilot

Distinguished Member
I dont use ring tones, cant stand them personally. But when i did, i just used Audacity (free) to create a 56KBps Mono MP3 from an MP3 ripped from a CD, which i then uploaded to my phone. If you have no way to upload it (i.e. with USB, card reader etc) get it send to your phone as a MMS then store it.

Bert Coules

I dont use ring tones, cant stand them personally.
I know what you mean and tend to agree with you. But the C300 comes with such an uninspired selection (and doesn't even offer a straightforward "Ring-Ring" option) that I wanted to try making my own.

But when i did, i just used Audacity (free) to create a 56KBps Mono MP3 from an MP3 ripped from a CD...
I've done that: I have a small MP3 file which I want to use.

...which i then uploaded to my phone.
This is where I'm stuck.

If you have no way to upload it (i.e. with USB, card reader etc) get it send to your phone as a MMS then store it.
I'm horribly ignorant about phones and their doings, and I'm afraid I don't know how to "get it sent to (my) phone as a MMS". Can you talk me through it?

Many thanks for your time and your advice.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

Sy1441

I know what you mean and tend to agree with you. But the C300 comes with such an uninspired selection (and doesn't even offer a straightforward "Ring-Ring" option) that I wanted to try making my own.

This is where I'm stuck.

I'm horribly ignorant about phones and their doings, and I'm afraid I don't know how to "get it sent to (my) phone as a MMS". Can you talk me through it?

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

If you email it to me i'll mms it to your phone for you mate.

Pm me if you want to do it .

3T3L1

This is where I'm stuck.

Bert
www.bertcoules.co.uk

For next time...

Buy a bluetooth PC dongle from any decent mobile retailer and install it on your PC (about £10)

Turn on the BT on your phone and PC. Connect to your phone. Copy the MP3 from your PC to your phone. Set as ringtone. Sorted.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom