• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Creating USB thumb drive for xbox

joshhansen

Standard Member
Hi,

I am having creating a USB thumb drive for the xbox to load the runlinux exploit. I have tried a couple of different drives with a couple of different results.

The first drive: I plugged it into the xbox, it formatted it, and it sees it from the dashboard. However, when I try to load it into action replay (by changing the numbers I get from usbview in the action reaply folder It doesnt show up in action replay. Also, i updated the drive to the maxdrive X driver,

The second drive doesnt seem to format in the xbox but I plug it into the computer none the less, and change the info in the file in the action replay driver folder, load the maxdrive X driver and it does show up in the action replay and am able to transfer files over to it in the action replay program. However, when i try to then plug it into the xbox it doesn't work and comes up with the corrupted memory issue.

Any suggestions on either of these?

Also, i have an already soft modded xbox. If i was to plug in a controller with a memory card into the modded xbox and copied the runlinux file onto the memory card would i be able to then copy that over to the non-modded xbox? Let me know, thanks!

Chett

The xbox is a bit fussy as to what USB flash drives will work with it. The one you managed to format, plug it back into your PC and try to use xplorer360 to access it . (rather than the Action Replay software)

Yes you could just copy the softmod files from your softmodded xbox to memory card and install them on the un-modded xbox.

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom