1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating playlists with Sonic Stage, please

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by shelteringsky, Mar 7, 2005.

1. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i´m a new owner of a NW-HD3 and am very happy with it. the only problem, which is driving me crazy must say, is that I´m not able to create playlists from my available albums in the player. Is this possible? How? Can anybody explain it to me, please? (i mean, creating playlists but not repeating tracks and using more hard disc space). I´ve read that it´s possible with sonicstage.

another one: can i form a playlist on the fly? (not with bookmark) I would like to listen to certain track and then, on the fly enqeue one more song, and after some minutes, another song... (just like with my windows media player) Is it possible?

please somebody help me!!!!!!! :rolleyes:

if this issue is solved I´d be completely happy with it!

thanks!

2. lovegroova

lovegroova

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +300
    I don't think you can, although SonicStage 3.0 http://sonicstage.connect.com/SonicStageInstaller.exe does allow creation of playlists, I'm not sure you can transfer them to the HD3.

3. martincousins11

martincousins11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You know you can use your "Book Mark" on the Player. But this would drive you mad if you want more than one play list.

4. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i´ve heard that you can make playlists from "groups". Does anyone know how?

you can only bookmark a song while it´s playing, can´t you? If that is the only way it´s just a crap... you cant make the playlist on the way...

more ideas?

5. martincousins11

martincousins11

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm Sure theres a way.

Must be done in Sonic Stage though

6. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well thank you martincousins11. I guess there must be a way too, but... i can´t find it. I can´t believe that from all the owners of the NW-HD3 nobody asks how could be this possible... :confused:

I´m sure that somebody knows it. Hope it reads this post and help us...

7. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    :boring: still waiting...

8. malheuresement

malheuresement

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I wrote this as part of another post:
    I think that there are two ways to create 'playlists':
    1. create a compilation group in Sonic Stage (which can be transferred to your HD3 - see above quote for issues)
    2. use the bookmark function on the fly.

I actually think that this is a bit of an oversight and my main bug-bear with the HD3. Don't get me wrong, I love my machine and, if you are prepared to sit down and put some thought into altering the properties of the tracks in a particular compilation group (eg change the "album" details of all the songs in a group to reflect the playlist name, such as "songs for gym") then you can probably overcome these issues. However, by doing this I am not sure if you will change the properties of the songs in their original album grouping as weel, which would be a bit of a pain to change back one by one!

I'd be interested to know how SS 3.0 fares in that respect. Indeed, is it worth installing SS 3.0 in place of SS 2.3 ?

9. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok. I´ll try that way.

About Sonicstage 3.0 I´ve got a problem that I´ve posted too in "Do not buy a HD3 if you want to..."

Yesterday I upgraded from 2.3 to see if it was easier to create playlist but what was my surprise when I connected the Hd3 to the computer and it didnt recognize it telling me that I had to reinitialize the player so I can use the device with that version...

So I decided to reinstall 2.3 again and the problem hasn´t fixed. I guess ( by reading another posts) that there´s a problem with the device registration but I don´t know how to solve it...

This software is driving my crazy :suicide: