1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating MPEG video files with Pinnacle Studio 8

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by crawf1982, Jan 23, 2003.

1. crawf1982

crawf1982

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I have recently started using Pinnacle Studio 8 to edit camcorder footage on my PC. Before Christmas I put together a little video with titles and transitions that I could take around with me to show the family. I created the video as an MPEG video file and played around with the settings so that it fitted quite nicely onto a CD. I was very pleased with the results and was looking forward to showing people the video.

I got to my parents' house and tried to play them the video clip. No matter how hard I tried I just could not get it to play. My dad's system is essentially the same as mine - we both recently recently upgraded to Windows XP. However, when playing it in Windows Media Player it tried to download a new video codec and then told me that no codec could be found. I upgraded Media Player from the website with all the drivers, extras etc and still no joy. I installed Real Player on the machine and encountered similar problems.

How can I use Pinnacle Studio 8 to produce universally compatible MPEG videos? I download them off the internet every day and they all seem to play fine. What am I doing wrong?

Cheers,

Dave

2. shauny1

shauny1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    v8 is supposed to have some bugs in it espically the early ones there is a patch i was thinking about upgrading to v8 from v7 but i wont bother --- do a search here they are a few posts on v8