Creating Freesat in more than one room

Widescreenx

Standard Member
Having major building work done and want to distribute freesat around the house I will need two connections for my sky plus then I want to feed into 6 other rooms what do I need? is it a new LNB? or is there something else?

grahamlthompson

Distinguished Member
If you want to watch the same as what the SkY box is currently viewing you need a coax cable from the sky box rf2 out to a sky compatible distribution amplifier with a coax from here to each TV. The sky signal it's output as an analogue TV channel that any TV channel can tune to. Add a magic eye to each remote TV and you can control the sky box remotely.

logiciel

The Sky receiver/recorder and six single receivers will just squeeze in to a new octo LNB.
That's for a different channel in every room, but you could have the current Sky channel as well, or instead.

Widescreenx

Standard Member
Does having a single or double gang switch fitted to the wall decrease the satellite signal or is it better to have the cable direct through the wall with a plastic interior plug if a switch is there a good make?

logiciel

You wouldn't find switches on satellite or aerial sockets.
Wall plates with sockets for either or both would look better, but direct connections are usually recommended.

illingworth22

Does having a single or double gang switch fitted to the wall decrease the satellite signal or is it better to have the cable direct through the wall with a plastic interior plug if a switch is there a good make?
I fitted a Quattro L&B, FM & TV Ariel to the house with a 16 way switch. This sends 4 co ax feeds to each of the 4 rooms. I then have the following in the rooms

Antiference TV/FM/SAT2 Outlet Plate (Triplexed) - DASTV.co.uk
Triax Single F Module (White) (304254) - DASTV.co.uk
Triax 2G Grid White (304202) - DASTV.co.uk

I also used there Cat6 and HDMI fittings which all clip into the blanck sockets.

This system lets me feed a Sat feed a TV feed and ana FM feed all down the one cable :)

Last edited:

Trending threads

Top Bottom